Text messages delivered with odd number

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by JWise1203, Mar 18, 2011.

1. JWise1203

JWise1203 New Member

Hey guys,

Been hanging around here for awhile getting all the news on delays with this phone... haha. I gotta say, this thing was worth the wait, for sure :icon_ banana:!

Anyway, has anyone else noticed that when you send a text message to someone else, their phone reports it being from what looks like about a 25 character number and not your actual phone number?

I am in a 4g area and was wondering if this is just me or if others were having the same happen to them.
  2. srames

srames New Member

I had that problem yesterday, I believe that is your sim card number (not sure though). I googled it last night and found others with same problem. To fix, shut down the phone, remove the battery, reinstall the battery and boot it back up and it'll work fine. That worked for me at least.

That was confusing a lot of people I was texting because they didn't know who it was from and they couldn't reply.
  3. JWise1203

JWise1203 New Member

Thanks, you were right. I thought I had tried texting after I took out the battery yesterday, but I must not have.
  4. suzannew

suzannew New Member

I had to call Verizon about this. They told me some of the Thunderbolts, for some reason, are showing the phone's id number (instead of your phone number) when sending someone a text. They've seen it happen within the first couple of days after a phone is activated. The fix they recommended was to power down, take the battery out, then pull the SIM card tray out (you don't have to actually remove the SIM card itself), wait 10 seconds, push the SIM card tray back in, reinstall the battery, turn back on and all is good to go. Worked for me. They said they haven't seen it happen again after this fix is performed.
  5. TreyDaPrince

TreyDaPrince New Member

A simple reboot would have sufficed. Unlike BB, a battery pull isn't the answer to everything. =)

Sent From My ThunderBOLT
Search tags for this page

htc thunderbolt getting an sms message from 900080001007

iwantu text has odd phone number

odd number text

odd numer text advertising
sms odd numbers

text from odd number

text message from odd number

text messages from odd numbers

text messaging from odd numbers
texting from 900080001007