text message vibrate and notification bar issues

kyle_vdk

Reaction score
Hey guys i got a new galaxy s3 for verizon a few weeks ago and ive been trying to figure these two things out for a while so i was hoping you could assist me!

To start off i am having a serious issue setting a custom vibration for all of my text message notification. At current time it defaults to a couple second long vibrate. I am trying to set it to heart beat.. or hell, any other vibrate pattern. I have gone into settings and then sound settings and set the notification vibrate pattern to heart beat and i tested it. Still getting the default vibration when i receive a text. So i went to my messages. Went to settings there to see if there was a setting to set the vibrate type there but there is only option to turn vibration on and off. So then i go to contact groups and set whole groups vibrate types to heart beat and teated it. Still nothing. So i went to individual contacts and set the vibrate type individually to heartbeat. Still no luck. Any idea of how to fix this? Thanks.

The second thing i want to bring up is how ive seen other galaxy s3's with a wifi bitton in their notification bar. So when you pul it down you could turn it on and off just like you can turn on and off gps or screen rotation. Is this something verizon got rid of? Can i get it back? Thanks!

Just a side question.... is it bad to leave my phone plugged in after it is fully charged. I hear so many things about lithium ion batteriea that im not quite sure.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Haven't tried custom vibrate, but as for the other issue I assume you are on Verizon. From what I have read other providers have that on their menu, but Verizon has removed it with the wifi on/off setting under the notification bar.