Text message tones

kojack

Reaction score
My phone (Droid 2.0) does not see any of my custom tones when I try to change the notification sound for text messages, I can only use the stock sounds. Any way to do it?

Thanks in advance.
KJ®

OP
K

kojack

Reaction score
**solution**

My phone (Droid 2.0) does not see any of my custom tones when I try to change the notification sound for text messages, I can only use the stock sounds. Any way to do it?

Thanks in advance.
KJ®

Ok guys I found out how to use other ringtones for your TXT sound notificaiton, heres how I did it-

I noticed the stock sounds for the TXT notifications are in a folder on the phone called 'notifications'-

1) I created a folder on my SD card called 'notifications' and put my sound in that folder.

2) I then put the sounds I wanted in that folder.

3) I went to my TXT settings and to sound selection, the sounds are in the list, even thouhg the list is alphabeticaly ordered your custom sounds will be at the bottom of the list.

I used an app called Astro file manager to creat the directory on the SD card, then copy and paste my new sounds in it.dancedroid

SHAZZAAMMM!

Hope this helps others, perhaps sticky it.

OSX2000

Reaction score
I am genuinely impressed that you figured that out all on your own. You friggin nailed it. :rockon:

OP
K

kojack

Reaction score
Thanks man.

I'm kinda good with these things but still suck if you know what I mean.

JoeJoe455

Reaction score
Thanks man.

I'm kinda good with these things but still suck if you know what I mean.

Thanks for posting this info up. I came across it in a google search and the not having custom text tones thing on the Droid 2 I just picked up was starting to drive me nuts. I currently have it set up with:icon_ banana: the Geico pig "Wee Wee Wee!" text tone. We will see how quickly I get sick of it I guess lol.

eayres

Reaction score
I didn't have to use Astroid...just created a new folder in Windows.

Worked great, so thanks!

Baron

Reaction score
Thanks for this, it was really pissing me off.

Baron