Text Message Theme Customization

ellenvandy11

Reaction score
I just got the DROID Razr a couple of hours ago, and I am wondering if there is a way that you can customize the bubble colors and background using the stock texting application without having download an app for texting. I am not a big fan of the black background with the gray and blue bubbles, so I thought I would change them but can't figure out how. I would prefer to not have to download anything for texting though.

Thanks so much in advance for any help!

stragabenz

Reaction score
I just got the DROID Razr a couple of hours ago, and I am wondering if there is a way that you can customize the bubble colors and background using the stock texting application without having download an app for texting. I am not a big fan of the black background with the gray and blue bubbles, so I thought I would change them but can't figure out how. I would prefer to not have to download anything for texting though.

Thanks so much in advance for any help!

There is nothing you can do with stock text app right now, until devs work on some roms and hacks. Your best option is to download GO SMS, it has tons of options and themes. It is way better than stock text app you wont be disappointed, try it out if you dont like it un-install and go back to stock no biggie.

IceAngel8381

Reaction score
I just got the RAZOR too and I don't care for the stock SMS program and I recommend Go SMS as well.

Mark_79

Reaction score
Handcent is another great SMS program that allows you to customize all aspects of texting. Bubble color, notification by individual contact, all that jazz. I really like it because of the themes you can download for it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
E

ellenvandy11

Reaction score
Thanks so much everyone! I will definitely look into both of those and see which one works best for me! Now it's on to figuring out how to improve my battery life because right now it seems HORRIBLE!

gling

Reaction score
Thanks so much everyone! I will definitely look into both of those and see which one works best for me! Now it's on to figuring out how to improve my battery life because right now it seems HORRIBLE!

Smart Actions, Smart Actions, Smart Actions. If nothing else, just apply a couple of the sample rules (Battery Extender, Night Battery Saver, Low Battery Saver) until you get comfortable making your own rules to suit your use.

OP
E

ellenvandy11

Reaction score
Smart Actions, Smart Actions, Smart Actions. If nothing else, just apply a couple of the sample rules (Battery Extender, Night Battery Saver, Low Battery Saver) until you get comfortable making your own rules to suit your use.

I have been playing around with Smart Actions, so hopefully those help a little bit. I just ran the battery out and plugged it in so I guess I will start there. I guess I need to figure out what uses the battery the most and what doesn't (wi-fi vs. 4G, etc.)

gling

Reaction score
I think you'll find that 4G is one of the bigger battery drainers on the phone. Definitely use WIFI when available.

cebosound

Reaction score
I just recently started using "Handcent" text messenging app. I like the way it works, it is much more appealing to the eyes. and i believe its a little more customizable , but have not tried it yet.

Reaction score
That's what it says in one of the sticky's

Sent from my iPhone (soon to be RAZR) using Tapatalk

OP
E

ellenvandy11

Reaction score
I wonder if it won't work right since I didn't do it right away...

vonfink13

Reaction score
I think you will be fine...just do it as soon add you can...most people never do it at all...