Text message says, "saved into drafts" in RED-

Rockoutt

Reaction score
There is NO "Draft file" in text that I can find. Why does it say DRAFT in red next to one of my texts? How do I get rid of it?:heart:

ShowTime

Reaction score
It says draft in red next to a contacts name in your thread view? It's because at some point you began typing a message to that contact but never sent it. Should just be able to open that thread and either delete or send the message and the notice will go away.

edit: Also, welcome to the board.

OP
R

Rockoutt

Reaction score
I don't understand how this can even say "Draft" when there is NO draft option in text. I will delete the thread now. Well- I deleted all three of the msgs in the thread. Now- it says- "Saved in drafts". Where the heck is this draft folder in texts? I am using the Droid's app for texts that it cane with. Nothing added on. The RED text is driving me crazy!! I will text her again and see what happens.... Thank you for your reply!!

OP
R

Rockoutt

Reaction score
Now I texted her, but now it does NOT appear in my text threads. Maybe I should delete her from my contacts, then re enter her into the contacts. I don't know!! Sure wish this came with a manual!!

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't understand how this can even say "Draft" when there is NO draft option in text. I will delete the thread now. Well- I deleted all three of the msgs in the thread. Now- it says- "Saved in drafts". Where the heck is this draft folder in texts? I am using the Droid's app for texts that it cane with. Nothing added on. The RED text is driving me crazy!! I will text her again and see what happens.... Thank you for your reply!!

Welcome to the insanity, Rockoutt! This actually happened to me way back when and I could not figure it out. I could open up the thread, but it looked as though there was nothing in the last reply and yet it said DRAFT in red beside it. By sheer dumb luck I took a shot and hit the delete arrow and VOILA! no more draft. Seems I had unknowingly hit the space bar at some point and exited the messaging app. It saved that space as a draft! Heck, it would still be there if it hadn't annoyed me so much. Another lesson learned.

ShowTime

Reaction score

Hmm Ok I'm a little lost at this point. Yes, there's no "draft" folder like on other phones. The only time I've ever seen what I think you are talking about is when I've opened a thread, typed a response and then exited the app for whatever reason without actually sending the response. I'd get the flash on the screen saying "saved to drafts" and it would say Draft in red next to that contact's name. But all I had to do to get rid of it was open that thread and the "draft" message would still be in the text input box at the bottom and I'd just send or delete it. Then when I exited the app, the red Draft went away.

ShowTime

Reaction score
You deleted the entire thread and then tried to text the person and nothing showed up? Hmmm. Just for the sake of trying it, turn your phone off, pull the battery out for 30 seconds, put it back in and turn it back on. And just for the sake of clarity, you know the difference between messages and threads, right? If you delete an entire thread (the entire convo between you and 1 certain contact) it should get rid of any drafts as well. Then you should be able to text that contact and start again.

OP
R

Rockoutt

Reaction score
Thank you ShowTime, your awesome. And much thanks to AnneDroid, and I think that would have worked, I will DEFINITELY do that the next time. And yes, I know what a
"thread" is. ( Barely).

I deleted the thread and it went away. Next problem.... My Earthlink email, on my email app that came with my phone- why does it put all emails in the "Trash folder" when it gets new emails? I thought they just went away when loading new messages, but I looked in the sent and trash folders, there where split up in there. Any idea how to hold onto a non- gmail account's emails? Had a Blackberry before this and that was about the ONLY thing my Blackberry did correctly!! LOL!!

Thanks again!! : )

ShowTime

Reaction score
New emails are showing up in your trash folder instead of your inbox? I honestly have no idea. Is it possible you set up the email wrong (wrong server, port, or something?). I'll admit, the tech stuff associated with setting up email is a bit fuzzy to me. I had the VZW rep at the store set mine up when I got the phone.