Text Message Q's

lostnbroken

Reaction score
Does Anyone Know What The Text Limit Is? I Have Been Reading Around & Some People Say None, Some 222, And I Saw 10,000. Just Curious If There Is A Limit & If There Is How To Adjust It.

Also, Is There A Way To Ensure That The Phone Doesn't Auto Delete Messages After A Certain Time? My BlackBerry Let Me Pick Between Every 5 Day, Weeks, Months, and Never... If There Is A Way I Want To Set It Up So I Am The One To Delete My Messages Manually.

Thanks For Any Help!!
Tiffinee

sasha101

Reaction score
Ive had android devices before and they never asked to delete any txts. So i doubt the droid x will because it has even more memory then my old nexus one

OP
L

lostnbroken

Reaction score
Okay. Cool. I Was Also Wondering If There Is A Way To Lock Messages? I Saw There Is A Way For The Droid & I Tried To Follow Those Directions To Lock A Text On My Droid X But The Option Wasn't There... Any Ideas?

phillyphill39

Reaction score
Does Anyone Know What The Text Limit Is? I Have Been Reading Around & Some People Say None, Some 222, And I Saw 10,000. Just Curious If There Is A Limit & If There Is How To Adjust It.

Also, Is There A Way To Ensure That The Phone Doesn't Auto Delete Messages After A Certain Time? My BlackBerry Let Me Pick Between Every 5 Day, Weeks, Months, and Never... If There Is A Way I Want To Set It Up So I Am The One To Delete My Messages Manually.

Thanks For Any Help!!
Tiffinee

there is a setting in the messages to delete old text messages after a set limit has been reached. i believe its on by default and set to 200 per conversation. This option is located in the settings within text message application. thats how it is on my droid and since its same os im sure it has the same setting.

phillyphill39

Reaction score
Okay. Cool. I Was Also Wondering If There Is A Way To Lock Messages? I Saw There Is A Way For The Droid & I Tried To Follow Those Directions To Lock A Text On My Droid X But The Option Wasn't There... Any Ideas?

it doesnt give you the option when you go to the text message and press and hold on it? a menu should pop up to lock the message. but you have to go to the exact message and press on the contacts name. not the picture next to the name but the actual name or the body of the message.

if all that fails, i get my x tomorrow so i can further help you tomorrow, sorry if i wasnt able to with this info.

Last edited:
OP
L

lostnbroken

Reaction score
phillyphill39;637037 it doesnt give you the option when you go to the text message and press and hold on it? a menu should pop up to lock the message. but you have to go to the exact message and press on the contacts name. not the picture next to the name but the actual name or the body of the message. if all that fails said:
No, The Options Are Open Message, Fw Message, Copy Message Text, View Message Details, & Delete Message. I Will Play With It Tonight More & Try To Figure It Out. But If You Figure It Out Tomorrow When You Get Yours I Might Need Your Expertise :)

Thanks For Any Help! Always Had Blackberrys So I Am Still Trying To Get Used To The New Setup.

phillyphill39

Reaction score
yeah i just got my droid x today and i was wrong about everything lol. so my bad, but i will try and play around with it more since im stuck here at work.

phillyphill39

Reaction score
if you download a program called "handcent sms" it will give you option to lock your text messages the way i said earlier. and i think some people like this client over the default one that comes on the phone.

snap

Reaction score
2.1 was unlimited
2.2 its set at 200 but u can change it up to 1000

Mont

Reaction score
I was able to set up to 999, but I wasn't able to locate a lock feature which was one of my favorite text features

doomer4life

Reaction score
it was unlimited on 2.1 but also not i filled the sucker 3 times it was cruel in how it handled that. The moment your memory became full all messages were deleted not partial or anything just every single message i then set to delete every 300th msg lol.

snap

Reaction score
I was able to set up to 999, but I wasn't able to locate a lock feature which was one of my favorite text features

yea that was my first thought was 9-9-9 but if u type in 1-0-0-0 it works to 1000