Text message notifications

Bad LS1

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm a new Droid Incredible owner and have a question. Whenever I receive a txt message my Incredible will play the notification I have chosen and it will also vibrate at the same time. How do I shut off the vibration so it will only play the sound? I want it play the sound with no vibrate or vibrate with no sound. I don't think I would ever want it to do both at the same time like it is doing now. Thanks!!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
im just guessing on this one (i have a droid) but go into the messaging app, click on settings, and under notifications uncheck vibrate or change it to ring only?

hope i can be of some help

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
im just guessing on this one (i have a droid) but go into the messaging app, click on settings, and under notifications uncheck vibrate or change it to ring only?

Yep, that's it. I set my friend's Incredible to do the same thing yesterday at work.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
haha good guess then bc i havent even touched an incredible lol

OP
Bad LS1

Bad LS1

Reaction score

Yep, that's it. I set my friend's Incredible to do the same thing yesterday at work.

haha good guess then bc i havent even touched an incredible lol

Yep that did it! Thanks. I was going into settings from the home screen and looking through the main phone settings. I didn't think to go into the txt app and then hit menu/settings.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yep that did it! Thanks. I was going into settings from the home screen and looking through the main phone settings. I didn't think to go into the txt app and then hit menu/settings.

No worries. Just for future knowledge, a lot of those types of settings are buried in the apps they are for. The System Settings are where you'll find system-specific things, like keyboards, standard notifications, and hardware.

OP
Bad LS1

Bad LS1

Reaction score

No worries. Just for future knowledge, a lot of those types of settings are buried in the apps they are for. The System Settings are where you'll find system-specific things, like keyboards, standard notifications, and hardware.

That makes sense. I just bought my Incredible yesterday and it's my first Android. I switched over from a Voyager. I finally feel like I'm with the rest of the world. LOL

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
That makes sense. I just bought my Incredible yesterday and it's my first Android. I switched over from a Voyager. I finally feel like I'm with the rest of the world. LOL

You'll like it I think. Have fun.