Text message notification sounds not working

bubbagumper6

Reaction score
Greetings all,

I've had my Droid Bionic for a whopping 2 days so far so forgive my noobness. At first, text messages were functioning just fine. The normal "DROID" sound would play every time and the little message would be up in my notification area. But now I get neither of those. No matter what I do, I cannot get it to play any kind of notification sound when I get a new text and it also doesn't put them in my notification area at the top.

The only thing I can think of that may have affected it was I downloaded a widget called SMS Unread Count because I liked that it showed a little red number with the number of new texts I have. I tried uninstalling that widget but my problem persists.

Also if it helps, I tried booting the phone into Safe Mode but it still does it :p

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The first thing I would do is to reboot the phone. A good reboot actually seems to correct a lot of little ills like this one.

Good luck.

OP
B

bubbagumper6

Reaction score
Yeah already tried that :/

EDIT: Dang, nevermind....One of the apps I installed must have turned off the notifications for texts and for some reason I didn't see it in the settings....I have it working now :p

Last edited: