Text message memory full

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by SeanM21, Feb 7, 2010.

1. SeanM21

SeanM21 New Member

Got the Droid 4 days ago. I keep getting the alert "Text message memory full" . I only had about 10 txt messages. So I deleted all of my txt messages and I am still getting the alert along with "Low on space - Phone storage space is getting low"
  2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Thats very odd and not normal at all....I've had mine since November 21st and never seen a memory low warning....EVER
  3. ShowTime

ShowTime New Member

Between the 4 different senders/threads I have open in my messaging app currently, I've got 500+ texts on the phone (cut off is set at 200 per sender and then set to auto delete oldest). I've never seen a message like this either. Let me fiddle around with my phone a bit to see if I can find anything for ya.

Just for comparison, what are your memory levels at? (menu > settings > SD card and phone storage)
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  4. SeanM21

SeanM21 New Member

SD Card
    Total space - 14.93gb
    Available space - 14.92gb

Internal phone storage
    16.56mb
  5. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

SeanM21 have you reset your phone since you have received it? (turn on/off) You may want to do that and see if that helps. I don't have my Droid right by me right now it's upstairs charging, I know there is a limit to how many messages you can set it to hold but not as few as what you have.

If you have reset maybe you should try pulling the battery for at least 30 seconds, long enough to let the capacitors discharge and then see what happens.
  6. SeanM21

SeanM21 New Member

Yes I did a battery pull for 30 seconds and still getting the messages.
  7. Maverick0984

Maverick0984 New Member

My max is set to 500 and I have several, several threads at that limit. I actually set it to 2000 and ran with that for a while and never got any issues.

I do think your 16MB left is a little low. I have 27.27MB on my internal phone storage and have had it since early November (a few days after launch).

Granted, 16MB is still 16MB and you shouldn't be receiving warnings, but I do not know what the cutoff is for when they start sending warnings on space. Perhaps it is 15MB and you dip below that at times? What apps have you installed?
  8. SeanM21

SeanM21 New Member

I installed bubble, live score, throttle copter, weather widget, bebbled, bar code scanner, iheart radio, minishot basketball, police stream.
  9. unix.punkx

unix.punkx New Member

Do you have the setting Delete Old Messages/Text Message Limit enabled in the Messaging Settings? That is turned ON by default.

EDIT: Didn't see before that you only have 16MB left on internal storage, that does seem quite low.
  10. dmartins

dmartins Member

You may want to open your web browser and clear the cache, cookies, form data, and location access.
    Also maybe some of your apps have cache you can clear like a file mangers thumb nails.
    This could clear a lot of the memory and get rid of the warning.
  11. JhankG

JhankG New Member

You got the Droid 4 days ago and are already are down to 16MB of internal storage left? Lawdy, what in the world have you downloaded?
  12. SeanM21

SeanM21 New Member

Well I cleared browser cache,cookies,form data and location access. As well as deleting apps such as weather widget, police scanner, live scorer and the messages went away. Honestly I dont think I downloaded alot at all. Is there a way of putting the applications on the memory card instead of the internal memory?
  13. ShowTime

ShowTime New Member

16MB on internal phone memory is startlingly low for a phone less than a week old. Mine is over a month old and I have 212MB. You said you cleared your browser cache.. have you cleared the cache for any of your apps? (menu > settings > applications > manage applications > select each one and clear cache)
  14. SeanM21

SeanM21 New Member

I have 234mb now...is that better? After I deleted those Apps and cleared cache.
  15. smokinfish

smokinfish New Member

I have the same problem. I have a lot of apps but I've also deleted quite a few. I have 84 apps as of now and have only 31.5mb left. The only one that seems really high is visual voice mail it's 76.48mb by itself, is that normal. I've also had my phone since November. I've cleared all my cache, browser history, text messages. I guess the only thing left is remove more apps.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
    D
  16. WalkingThePath

WalkingThePath New Member

Txt msg full, low on memeory

Hello to all,
    I read this thread after having just got off the phone with a tech rep from Verizon. It is too bad that the first place he went to was wipe the phone,but when he could feel the dread :icon_eek:through the phone as I have many a App, he decided to share another idea with me.
    According to him, an app or apps are causing this phenomena,and it apparently begun after the 2.2 update for Droid :motdroidhoriz:. He said he and other in the Tech Dept have discovered it and experimented with it,but he had no idea which app it could be.
    So he suggested I remove them all, then after I said Uh, kidding right :icon_eek:? I said,how bout I go online and see if anyone else is having this problem and find out if they know which app or apps could be the culprit(s)dancedroid? Then I can remove the bad app or apps,not wipe all the apps or wipe the phone,drastic measures as I see it!
    Good idea he said! Sheesh..
    So I said thank you very mu:icon_evil:ch you have been very helpful, and I hope your friend finds out what is causing his problem and rung off.
    I just read in another thread here that a weather app might be to blame..I am going to investigate further..
    Now as to the MEMORY low , I think linkage may be happening here...stick with me, if you are like me you have a tendency to update your phone apps and sometimes get new ones concurrently. The updates themselves may be to blame who knows..I am only going to update those which have critical bug fixes for my phone from now pn!
    Happy hunting to all,I'll check back/report back findings.:greendroid:
  17. soondolee

soondolee New Member

i have same problem....
  18. 2lphill

2lphill New Member

I have had the same problem since the 2.2 update. I have tried all suggestions except a factory reset. I delete apps and it still keeps happening.
  19. angelav

angelav New Member

I'm having the same problem as well. I've done all the suggestions in this thread and no luck.
  20. ExAQUSN

ExAQUSN New Member

I downloaded App 2 SD and moved all my apps to the card. Once I did this I stopped getting the message and started receiving texts again
Search tags for this page
clear the text message memory on my motorola droid phone
droid text memory full

droid text message memory full

fix for the storage issue memory full on the droid razor mot
low on space but 16mb is still available
memory issues text full android
message limit full android
moto droid text message memory full
motorola droid memory full
motorola droid memory full text messages

motorola droid text message memory full