Text message makes it reboot....

schmaltzy

Reaction score
Anyone else having this problem?

My non-rooted Droid has worked great since I got it the first day it came out. On Monday I installed Helix and it has been running flawlessly, I love it. But today the phone has been acting weird. It will vibrate for an new incoming text message and then it reboots! It doesn't even play the text message tone, just a quick vibrate, then automatic reboot.

It will restart and I will get a couple messages just fine, but then it will do it again. Has happened to me 3 times in the last hour.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
ummm ive never had this problem before, are you using the default messaging app or something like handcent, chompsms, etc?

OP
S

schmaltzy

Reaction score
Yes, I am using SMS popup but I have never had a problem with it and there hasn't been a recent update so I don't think anything would have changed on it.

solorca

Reaction score
I've been using SMS popup since the day I got my Droid (about 2 months now), and this happened for the first time today. A text message came in, and I was trying to hit the reply button, my Droid suddenly disconnected.

I'm not sure if this is the result of an update or whether this was just a fluke.

cougar3429

Reaction score
I've had my Droid since day 1 too. No issues like this until yesterday. Trying to use the text messaging it will simply reboot on it's own. I use the default messaging also, no special app. It's very frustrating. I took it to Verizon after the 4th reboot and they have no idea. They haven't heard of it and have no diagnostic tools whatsoever. Any ideas?