1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Text message download to pc?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by longshops, Feb 21, 2011.

1. longshops

longshops New Member

Hi, I have had my Android Ally for 6 months and am still learning how to use all of the features. My question is, is there a way to download a text message thread to my pc so that I may print it? this. I'm in a visitation custody battle with my lunatic X and he has sent me some disturbing texts and my lawyer would me to copy them to her. I did take pics of them with my camera but they didn't come out that good and I can only take one pic at a time, printing all the pics with all the ink use is a waste, etc. I would just love to print only the texts. Tried emailing them but doesn't let me. Any one know how to retrieve them better than using an outside source or take pics? Thanks
  2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Get your lawyer to petition VZW for a copy printed of of their system....Then there is no question as to the source.
  3. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Welcome to the forum.

I do not know much about the Ally but my first thought would be to mount the phone to your computer and see if you are able to access the messages. The other option would be to see if you could "share" the messages or forward them to an email address.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge of the Ally will jump on here and have more useful help.
  4. Jeyman

Jeyman New Member

hit up VZW, no matter what you do from your phone it wont look as good, Its not hard to spoof a number/text on the phone itself.

Call them and ask how to go about getting a real record its not hard, my friend just had to deal with this a few months back when a guy would not leave her alone. no lawyer or anyting(tho you have one might as well make him/her do it)
  5. longshops

longshops New Member

Thank you everyone who responded. I am going to call verizon today and I'll have my lawyer call if they give me a hard time. I did email the txts to myself but it doesn't show the times either and not the whole thread. He had my 10 year old out until 1AM when she was sick and she texted me from her phone to let me know me she was in the car on the way home from his friend's xmas party, but after a day it only shows the date. You have to hold the message down to view details, like the time, etc. I would have to print out my text info from verizon to cross reference. It's like detective work. Dealing with this guy is unbelievable!
  6. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Unfortunately I have gone through this with a stalking case and Verizon does not have the text of what is sent. All they have in their system is the originating phone numbers, time sent, etc. So the only way to get the actual message is off your phone.
  7. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

SMSbackup by Christopher Studor. It saves them to your Gmail.
    It has all the details, conversation, and can be printed.
    Free on the market.
    Good luck
    Support Our Troops!!
    This post was Tapatalk approved.
Search tags for this page
download and print text messages
download textnow for computer
download textnow on computer

download textnow on pc

how do i download text messages from my driod
how do i download text messages from my droid
how do i get text msg out of my droid phone?
how to copy texts from ally to pc

how to download and print text messages

how to download text messages
how to download texts from moto x to computer

text message download

text now download for computer

text now download for pc

textnow