1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Text message displays as jibberish

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by snowmizer, Mar 4, 2011.

1. snowmizer

snowmizer New Member

Yesterday one of my co-workers sent me an email from their Outlook client to my email address associated with my phone. It came in as a text message. When I open the text message it is all jibberish (doesn't matter if I view it with the default messaging app on the phone or Handcent). My job requires me to be on call and I receive other text messages that are sent as emails from our computer systems just fine.

What causes messages sent from Outlook to display in this manner and how can I fix this? I've looked through the messaging settings and haven't seen anything that could resolve this issue.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks..
  2. snowmizer

snowmizer New Member

After further investigation I discovered that this has to do with a setting on our Exchange server that when sent directly to my phone email address causes this problem. The setting is "Use MAPI RTF". I set this to "never" so that the message gets converted to plain text or html and it works now.
Search tags for this page
android email gibberish
can text messages show up as gibberish on an iphone?
galaxy text received as gibberish to iphone

gibberish text messages

gibberish text messages droid bionic

iphone gibberish text messages

iphone sending gibberish texts

iphone text message gibberish

iphone texts going through as gibberish
phone texting gibberish

text message gibberish

text message is gibberish 2013
text message is gibberish 2013 samsung verizon
text messages gibberish