Text limit

dopeskwyd

Reaction score
Im curious to know if there is a way to disable the text message limiter. I use handcent but since texts still have to come through the stock app first some of my older messages are being erased. On my d1, d2g, and dinc2 there was a way to just turn off text limiter. Can it be done???

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

blingchopr

Reaction score
i just increased the number to 999

OP
dopeskwyd

dopeskwyd

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I did too but my fiancee and I can go through that in a matter of days. Right now we are 4000 miles apart and texting is the easiest way to stay in touch throughout the day

OP
dopeskwyd

dopeskwyd

Reaction score
Just go into the default text app and uncheck the "delete old texts"

I wish it was that easy. On the d3(at least on mine) there's not an option for that

BusinessTroll

Reaction score
I wish it was that easy. On the d3(at least on mine) there's not an option for that

Oh yeah I forgot it was the blur text messenger :p. I removed it, but you're probably not rooted and not willing. You may be able to give gosms a try since it attempts to take control with certain settings even though I can't guarantee it'll work, it defiantly worth a shot.

mikedyk43

Reaction score
There is a setting in Handcent under Application Settings that allows you to make Handcent the default messaging app and disables the stock messaging app. Personally I have not tried this, but it is worth a shot.

OP
dopeskwyd

dopeskwyd

Reaction score
Good call Mikey. I looked through there a million times because I thought I remembered something like that, and right there it is. I even had it set on another phone. Worked fine. Thanks bro

sent from a thing using an app