Text Limit?

asmallchild

Reaction score
Is there a text limit for the Droid?

I seem to be capping out at 200 texts per contact?

bigrigdriver

Reaction score
I would like to know the answer to this as well even though I do not use or need a text plan?

antyoo

Reaction score

im using Handcent sms, and i have one contact with 500 texts.

are you using the stock sms program?

same, I've been using HandCent since I got my droid and I had one contact with over 1,000 messages.

i just checked the stock sms app, under settings there is an option to limit to 200 texts per conversation.

OP: uncheck that and it should solve your problem

OP
asmallchild

asmallchild

Reaction score

im using Handcent sms, and i have one contact with 500 texts.

are you using the stock sms program?

im using handcent as well and for some reason, it's wiping out my old texts past 200. is there a setting i need to enable to correct this?

Camarogirl33

Reaction score
Hey there, i have a Droid Pro and handcent is my sms app. but my cap is at 1000 that i've changed in the stock messaging app. i can't seem to find where i can uncheck the "delete old messages" box..anyone have the same problem? My handcent just recently changed to this as i've had over 4 thousand texts in one thread, anyone know why this has been changed, or how to make it unlimited again? thanks :)

xllGoliathllx

Reaction score
There are a couple of people in my contacts that have very long threads (953, 961, and 1000) and sometimes I don't receive their texts. I'm not sure if it is coincidence or if there is a limit that is being reached for these contacts.

Should I try deleting the threads and starting over?

jdshort2010

Reaction score
LOL wow. Ive never had a thread over 500 texts. Impressive. But id say with that many texts your phone might start losing track....

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Joshamo

Reaction score
Delete all your small threads first, and then try. Don't get impatient, I let this happen and had around 1400 from my girlfriend and i had to delete almost 400 one by one before it would delete. Otherwise it force closes the message app and none delete =/ I learned my lesson lol