Text Lag: An Update Well, in my other thread I described how it was taking a long time for my DX to load text messages. I performed a factory reset once, and it fixed the problem. Unfortunately, the problem is back, and I'm at a loss. I shouldn't have to expect to perform a factory reset on my phone to keep it running right. I'm going to call Verizon in the morning to discuss, and I'll report back. --- ***UPDATE*** I posted the following on the next page, but also put it here so it doesn't get lost. Sorry it took me so long to update; I had a ton of stuff going on at work this week, including having to deal with being yelled at by someone at Good Morning America for reasons beyond my control. Needless to say, it's been a hard week. So, my apologies in advance. --- Ok Everyone, here's my story: I've been on and off the phone with Verizon customer support for over a week. Fortunately, the woman I dealt with took up a personal interest in my problem, and kept in touch with me by e-mail. She initially told me to perform a factory reset. That was when we both thought the problem was fixed. Days later, the problem recurred. I wrote to her again and got a phone call back within minutes. She told me it sounded like a unique problem, because there hadn't been any notes logged that she could find in their system with information pertaining to our problems. In order to try to get to the bottom of it, she suggested I call Motorola to see if they had any information for me. I called Motorola and asked them if they'd heard of the problem. After running a database search, they said they hadn't heard it. I then told them about all of you on this forum having the same trouble. The woman I spoke with told me to tell all of you to call Motorola and Verizon to explain your problem and get a case number for your issue. This way, Motorola will start being able to log the issues and have their engineers try to develop a way around the problem. I asked if this was a problem that might be caused by Motoblur syncing with Facebook/Twitter, and was told that it shouldn't affect the phone's performance either way, because it was designed with the 5,000 Facebook contact limit-per-profile in mind. I tend to believe this, because I have several friends that have the same phone; they have large numbers of contacts and don't have my problem. Even my fiancé's DX performs fast and snappy, and she has 1,000 contacts in her phone now. If it were a problem with syncing contacts with Facebook, I'm left wondering why it would take several days for the bug to rear it's head. Wouldn't it be sluggish from the get-go? I'm also convinced it's a software glitch, since everything else continues to blaze away on the phone. Either way, the only solution offered to me by Motorola right now is to return the phone on an exchange. Fortunately, the service rep I've been on and off the phone with at Verizon set me up, and the replacement Droid X should be here in the next couple of weeks. I am hoping this will resolve the problem, and I will report back when I receive the phone and see if the bug is gone. So case in point to all of you having issues: CALL MOTOROLA AT 1-800-734-5870. Tell them about your problem, get a case number, and see if you can exchange your phone. If you do it within the first 30 days after your initial purchase, there won't be any penalty. If enough people call and report the issue we're having, Motorola will hopefully more than likely end up addressing the problem. I hope this info helps you, and good luck!