Text Input Method

Detonation

Reaction score
There has been plenty of discussion regarding the different keyboards and ways to input text on your phone so I thought I'd make a poll to see what the community uses.

Let me know if there was any option I missed and maybe a mod could add it.

Also, I realize some phone's Stock keyboard is not the standard Android keyboard, so consider the Stock option whatever keyboard is your phone's default.

Last edited:

beckx020

Reaction score
Need to be able to pick physical keyboard & another one for people with a physical keyboard.

However, I use physical keyboard 99% of the time. I can't type on the regular D1 soft keyboard. But I just upgraded to Swiftkey. This might change me over to 99% Swiftkey.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also, I realize some phone's Stock keyboard is not the standard Android keyboard, so consider the Stock option whatever keyboard is your phone's default.
What do the people that have Swype as stock pick?

OP
Detonation

Detonation

Reaction score
What do the people that have Swype as stock pick?

I don't have a phone with Swype preinstalled, but I'm guessing its not the default keyboard that gets enabled, so I'd choose the Swype option.

I probably over complicated things with the options...I just wanted to see how many people use swype, how many people use a third party keyboard thats not swype, and how many people just use what the default.

TwoBuells

Reaction score
I tried the Droid 2 keyboard but I kept hitting the key next to the letter I wanted.
Stock on screen keyboard I can type real fast and hardly miss a letter....