text comes back....

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by drloomis69, Nov 23, 2009.

1. drloomis69

drloomis69 New Member

Hi im hoping someone can help me. I got a text this afternoon from a friend. After conversation was done i ended the thread and then started another text conversation with another friend. Now for some odd reason everytime the second friend txts me I get her text AND a text in the notification bar from the 1st friend from hours before.Its always the same text.Its driving me crazy..Ive erased the thread countless times but now whenever I get a text i also get that same txt from hours earlier....HELP PLEASE
  2. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

Try powering down your phone and pulling the battery. Sometimes a good refresh can straighten out a glitch. Post back if you're still experiencing the same thing.
  3. drloomis69

drloomis69 New Member

Ok took out battery for a good 5 minutes fired it back up and immediately that text was there again under notifications without receiving a new txt.the only way to temperarily get rid of it is to hit clear next to where it says verizon wireless on the notification tab. ...very annoying
  4. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

I would talk to VZW and see if it's isn't something on their end. I'm kinda at a loss for ideas.
  5. otaku

otaku New Member

Try erasing the data for the Messaging app?