1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Text-Based MMORPG Question

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by LordKastle, Dec 19, 2009.

1. LordKastle

LordKastle New Member

Okay..Yes I have seen m:Vampire and Dungeon Quest.

have not really given either much of a chance because I do not feel like going online and recruiting, so base your answers on the assumption that I will not be adding any other players to the cult or clans.

Do any of you actually get attacked randomly or is it only when you choose to fight? I had m:Vamp on my phone for a few days, but no one ever would attack me and I always had to fight...uninstalled it because like others have said...the whole text-based mmorpg thing just doesn't cut it for the most part....and besides what happens when you finish all the missions
  2. Dr. Tenma

Dr. Tenma New Member

You WILL get attacked randomly, but usually only at higher level stages where there is a higher max party effectiveness rate. Example-

Shannon has 40 members in her party in an area where 5 friends count in a fight. Based on weapon s and stats, her base attack is 4 and her base defense is 2.

Akira has 10 members in his party in the same area. His base attack is 5 and base defense is 3.

In this case, each user gets +5 stats because 5 other party members join each. Akira is the winner, with a total attack worth of 10 versus Shannon's of 9.

However, in a level where 40 party members can help at once, Shannon would win. She has 40 party members wheras Akira only has 10. In the end she has 44 attack to Akira's 15, since all 40 members of hers count.

You are attacked more by people with huge parties in areas where they bring more members, cancelling out your weapons and stats immediately. You are also more likely to get mugged if you have a lot of moneyh on hand. Give it some time, it'll happen- but when it does it just shows up as a message saying you won or lost.

I'm with you, though- these games are more "git al ur frends 2 dl" than actual skill in battle. With no plot and the missons being a limitwd number of instant actions, it's not fun enough or lasting enough to be worth it. I gave up this kind of game long ago...
  3. dnvnk

dnvnk New Member

When I hear "text based RPG" I just think of MUDs. Download ConnectBot (Android MUD Client is a buggy piece of ****, currently) and play some telnet MUDs.
  4. qwiksilver711

qwiksilver711 New Member

man I remember MUDs, abandoned reality was the one I played.... still, that was the best video game I ever played, muds are sweet. I still hop on that one but noone every plays it anymore
  5. dnvnk

dnvnk New Member

I've gotten pretty into Dark and Shattered Lands. Though, its been a while since I played it until I got ConnectBot on my droid. Maybe we should find a new one and start some chars together?
  6. qwiksilver711

qwiksilver711 New Member

Honestly I never did find one that I actually liked as much as abandoned reality, but that one is sstill up, I'd start a new guy on that one if you wanted to play on it, send a pm, and we can chat about it
Search tags for this page
android mmo text

android text based mmorpg

android text mmorpg
create text mmorpg android
droid text mmorpg
mmorpg text based android

telnet mmo

text based games android dungeon
text based games for android

text based mmo android

text based mmo android games