1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

text apps show my name!

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Support' started by radioactivek, Jan 1, 2013.

1. radioactivek

radioactivek New Member

So ladies and gents,
    I've noticed in the past couple months that on my friends text apps, my name appears as "kathleen fool" although I am saved differently in their phone or not saved at all! I cannot for the life of me figure out what I registered with that name (maybe the phone????) but I don't want strangers to be able to text me and know who I am! Help!
  2. radioactivek

radioactivek New Member

someone please help me to figure this out! I've been searching ALL over the phone for somewhere where I might have used "kathleen fool" as a username and I'm having no luck! It is embarrassing that people are getting that name in response.
  3. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Well-Known Member

Look under settings in your text app and see if you have created a "signature".

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
  4. xSKUDx

xSKUDx New Member

It'd Help....

.....if you gave us a lil bit more information. Like what apps are being used. And is that your name, have you ever actually put that username into any apps at all. Kinda vague.
  5. radioactivek

radioactivek New Member

So I contacted Verizon support to see if they heard of anything like this happening before. We narrowed it down to the TextPlus app (you know, the kind of app where you get a free number). I don't believe I have ever used that app before. I have never used a text app as far as I can recall. But I probably sometime in the past used "kathleen fool" somewhere as a username or something... Anyways, I have contacted TextPlus support about the matter.
  6. xSKUDx

xSKUDx New Member

lol well if you have apps that you dont even recall using I have to say you might wanna go to settings/manage apps/all/ and go through and uninstall every app you dont use. Ofcourse aside from system apps you need.
Search tags for this page

app show my name

razr text with my name