1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Tethering?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by vh814, Aug 29, 2010.

1. vh814

vh814 New Member

I read in a post somewhere if you try to tether it will bring up a verizon page asking you to purchase a plan. I been doing this for a few weeks now I never seen that page and nothing on myverizon account page. My data plan 29.99 and 59.99 for 250 anytime min is all. I called verizon thinking I might be charged for using tethering and wanted to find out if i was being charged. They say they show no records of any usage but said it was like 1099 mb or something to that affect and if i wanted to I can add a plan for 12.00 more a month. I said no My download speeds for quite good getting 298 mbps down and 138 up. Should I stop or continue using. I have broadband but just wanted to check out the feature on my droid.....
  2. Snoking

Snoking New Member

So you are using PDANET or something similar?
  3. vh814

vh814 New Member

No theres an option when you plug in your usb to the phone to transfer files asks me if I want to tether. I click ok and my laptop goes online
  4. Snoking

Snoking New Member

Interesting, that is suppost to take you to a sign up screen for VZW pay for tether function.

Chris