tethering

gotbst05

Reaction score
How do I enable tethering on my Moto Droid running 2.1 or is it something I have to wait for when 2.2 become available for the Moto Droid?

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
have to wait for 2.2 for an official VZW approved tether app. but you can root your 2.1 and do it that way....

xandor

Reaction score
You can tether by using a program called PDANet. I've used it myself and was impressed

OP
gotbst05

gotbst05

Reaction score
You can tether by using a program called PDANet. I've used it myself and was impressed

does that require "rooting"? i came across many issues when i jailbroke my iphone and i don't want the same thing to happen to my droid

Skaggz

Reaction score
There is a one time fee for each app. Be careful about excessive data usage, there is still some debate on whether VZW will charge if you use massive amounts of data each month. Torrents probably aren't a good idea.

OP
gotbst05

gotbst05

Reaction score
looked at both of the apps and they both seem to be about equal. there's actually free versions of the two. the only difference between the free and the pay for apps is that the pay for apps allow you to access "https" address where as the free ones do not.

there was also one negative review about PDANet... it says that it's "free for a limited time." any truth to this?