Tethering

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
wireless tether or barnacle tether. and yes you have to root to use them. there are some root free tethers like pdanet or easy tether but they cost money and aren't as convenient as the former two.

Last edited:

scion676

Reaction score
Will I be able to connect an Ipad to the android when I tether?

Yup, works fine on the stock tethering for me. I haven't rooted yet (just lazy at the moment) but I've read that people don't have problems with the root tethering apps either.

leland_7

Reaction score
Without hijacking this thread I'd like to ask a couple of questions here without starting a new one instead. Sorry to OP.

I'm looking to get the Bionic (if the thing will ever freakin drop!)
I would love the ability to tether to my laptop especially using 4G.

I will (should) have an unlimited data plan. However, does Verizon charge you extra for tethering? I understand by the earlier post that I would have to wait for the Bionic to be rooted first which may take some time?

Could someone guide me a bit more here?

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
don't know about bionic(heard it was pushed back to 3rd quarter), but you can tether thunderbolt to pc for free through usb with included internet connection mode(which disables internet on the phone, but enables it on the pc). if you want to tether wirelessly, you'll have to subscribe to monthly hot spot plan or root the phone and install one of the apps from market.

OP
W
Reaction score
don't know about bionic(heard it was pushed back to 3rd quarter), but you can tether thunderbolt to pc for free through usb with included internet connection mode(which disables internet on the phone, but enables it on the pc).

Can this be done on the ipad somehow?

Hateslinger

Reaction score
Sure just use your phone to tether.

Sent from my rooted Thunderbolt, VirusROM AirborneTB

gpigate

Reaction score
but you can tether thunderbolt to pc for free through usb with included internet connection mode(which disables internet on the phone, but enables it on the pc)

will this be the case even after the 5/15 deadline? also where is that option?