Tethering??

geoff5093

Reaction score
It's free until May 15th, then afterwards if they still offer it there will be an additional charge, most likely $20/mo.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
$20 for 2GB....rip off.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Unfortunately I was told by my VZW store that the "free tethering" was a misprint. That for $20.00 you will get unlimited data until May 15th then its $20.00 for 2gb.

But as it has been said......once we have root with a working recovery we will be able to tether for free. Its just a matter of a week or so for a working recovery and some roms to be developed.

geoff5093

Reaction score
Unfortunately I was told by my VZW store that the "free tethering" was a misprint. That for $20.00 you will get unlimited data until May 15th then its $20.00 for 2gb.

But as it has been said......once we have root with a working recovery we will be able to tether for free. Its just a matter of a week or so for a working recovery and some roms to be developed.
Tethering IS free until May 15th.

mark3748

Reaction score

Tethering IS free until May 15th.

correct, mobile hotspot at no additional charge until May 15, at which point you will probably want to call and make sure they don't automatically add it to your bill.

drew

Reaction score
Hopefully we'll have root next week...but wouldn't apps like Wireless Tether only work on a 3G connection? Curious what it will do in a 4G environment...