tethering without charging battery

ramman007

Reaction score
I am tethering my Fascinate to a PC to obtain Internet connectivity for the PC. The problem is that USB connection also charges the Fascinate. I am concerned about over charging and lowering the battery life. Is there a way (or an app) that can control the charging so that i can turn it off at certain times and allow it to discharge? Is there a USB cable without the supply connection?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Don't worry about over charging the battery. It will not happen. I charge my battery every night for 8 to 12 hours and I have done so for the past 12.5 months. No harm.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
what he said ^^^ Li-ion batteries know when theyre full so they stop charging

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
These aren't NiCad batteries. I tether all day long, charging my battery, without any issues.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Your droid is "programmed" so that once the battery is fully charged the usb bypasses the battery and doesn't overcharge it.

OP
R

ramman007

Reaction score
Reply to reply

I've always admired a person of convictions; one who supports his statements with facts. Apparently McatdtDroid (aka. "NO") does not fall into this category.
icon_%20banana.gif

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
I've always admired a person of convictions; one who supports his statements with facts. Apparently McatdtDroid (aka. "NO") does not fall into this category.
icon_%20banana.gif

lol.... you think I owe you a response. I just said I enjoy it... I'm not trying to convince you of my beliefs... let it go man, let it go. dancedroid