Tethering vs PDANet Help

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Official_n00b, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Official_n00b

Official_n00b Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just rooted my phone this weekend to v2.2 by using this ROM (is ROM the correct term for the file?):
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bu...ndroid-2-2-frf84b-clean-untouched-virgin.html

So, when I try to tether via USB I can only go to the Verizon Wireless site that tells me to pay for tethering. But when I connect to my computer via PDANet, I'm free to view the internet as I please.

How do I change it so I can connect via tethering and not PDANet?

*EDIT* I connect to tethering by going to Settings>Wireless & Networks>Tethering. Then I click the "USB Tethering" checkbox.

2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
  3. Robin W

Robin W New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Need help with pdanet on my motodroid please

Sorry if this isn't in the correct section, I'm a total newby, but I LOVE MY DROID!
    I downloaded PDANET to my droid from the market, and downloaded it to my pc laptop from the junefabrics website over wifi to my pc laptop.

I watched a utube video and it worked just like the example video.

Where it stops is when I click on the pdanet icon in the tray on pc (with droid pdanet on and ready to go and connected. I get a message that computer is trying to connect (dialing 777) and won't link to phone.

I read some info, and I'm thinking that it has something to do with "mobile broadband" on the droid. The 3g doesn't seem to be working to send the bites to the computer. 3g works if unplugged from computer on droid, but doesn't when plugged in.

I read something about it being blocked by verizon and I need to uncheck it. I can't find "mobile broadband" anywhere on Droid to uncheck, if that would even help.

Checked my antivirus and it appears to be allowing pdanet, but 3g isn't connecting.

I can see the window on the droid that says it's working for pdanet, and then I get a flash of the "bites" that should be working, but they register 0.
    Please help, would really appreciate it! Thanks so much

Search tags for this page

pdanet help

pdanet helper
pdanet tethering runescape won't load
pdanet tethering verizon
pdanet vs rooting
pdanet with verizonwireless