Tethering question

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Does this only work with the ipad2? My wife has an original ipad, and I have a Bionic. I would try it out right now, but she took it to work and I won't get access to try this for 2 days.

I can tether my og ipad to my Bionic. It will only tether on 3g, but i think blue tooth is the limiting factor anyway

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

mykl376

Reaction score
Good to know. She has the att data plan for the ipad, so it would be nice to have the option to do this. I don't have the hotspot feature so this would be a good thing.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Berniep

Reaction score
I tried it with my daughters ipod touch and it seemed to work but I realized later that i am at home and it might have been using our wifi signal even though it wasnt showing the icon at the top.
I need to turn off wifi and try it but getting it out of her hands for any significant length of time is tough.
I used to let her tether with my jailbroken Iphone when we were out at restaurants and such and she really misses that.
This is the only reason I have to root right now and it might be enough to let me wait for ICS before rooting.