Tethering Question, Non BB Related.

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by imati0n, Jul 11, 2010.

1. imati0n

imati0n Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I figured I would ask this question since I only frequent this forum.

I just moved and I am staying in a temporary house for two weeks. I decided not to get internet installed since I am now tethering from my phone.

I have the unlimited data plan so will VZW get iffy or will I get any issues on my billing statement for using so much data?

Thanks in advance everyone.

2. ski

ski New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    if they question you, ask them to prove that you didnt do all data directly on your phone (i doubt they will care)

btw.. i think our "unlimited" data plan is still only like 4 or 6gb though, so be careful

3. exdirrk

exdirrk New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    They will not do or notice anything. I have used well over 10 gigs in a single month without getting anything.

4. exdirrk

exdirrk New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It is truely unlimited. Only the aircards and bb tethering is limited

5. Raziel36

Raziel36 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is good news, as I've used 8+Gigs this month and was worried. I streamed UFC 116 last weekend, and that was about 1.5 gigs alone... though, nice to know my phone can keep up with a live stream, with no stalls or buffer issues.

6. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    This is the type of crap that leads companies like verizon to do away with unlimited data plans and charge all of us insane amounts of money for smaller data plans.

Thanks a lot guys, your guys have done an excellent job in helping us getting screwed over.

:clap:

:icon_rolleyes:

7. Raziel36

Raziel36 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Get off your soapbox, dude.. I am having to stay with family that doesn't have internet, I have no job, due to a heart condition that I just had surgery for last Tuesday, going through a divorce and my wife currently lives with another man.. by god, if I use my paid for data to keep me occupied, it's my right to do so. You think if I was able, I wouldn't much rather have my 10mb cable service back? I use what I have to get by.. that make you any better than me?!.. sorry, but no.. it doesn't.

8. imati0n

imati0n Member

Ratings:
    +0

Yeah because I'm paying almost 200 dollars a month to use these services....

Get off your high horse..

:rolleyes:

9. Raziel36

Raziel36 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    And for the record, other than the ufc, that was all done ON my phone. I haven't had much use for the PC lately.

10. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Just because you don't have the financial resources to pay for an internet service or to live in a place where you can get said internet service, doesn't give you any right to break the Terms of Service to your will.

How is that our fault? And what does that have to do with breaking the ToS?

I'm not about to show you sympathy just because you pull out some whiny, depressing sob story.

No, you don't have any right to do so. I suggest you read up on the Terms of Service.

Terms & Conditions

And I quote:
    I never said I was better than you or anyone else; that's your own personal opinion and you should keep it to yourself, but at least I'm not doing something that's against the ToS, and as a result, don't screw a good thing up for others.

Get a cheaper plan then.

I'm on a high horse because I point out an indisputable fact? Please...

11. Raziel36

Raziel36 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, Mr. Never done a damn thing wrong, must be nice to be you. Never downloaded a song without paying? Never jaywalked or violated any laws? Circumstanses happen, and if you were in the shoes of someone like myself, I'm sure you'd just do without, based on morals, right? WTF are you doing on a phone hacking site, then? Why would you do something to your phone that cancels your warranty?(rooting and roms)

12. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Never downloaded a song that wasn't given freely by the artist without paying, never jaywalked, never violated any laws (in the country I was residing at the time) and yes, I have been there, I have gone without.

Think about that phone hacking site comment for a moment, is it against the ToS or against the law? No, it might cancel your warranty, but that's my choice because I payed for my phone and as such, it's my property in full (read I don't owe anyone a dime for it nor am I using the hardware under rules set forth by someone else; yes, I do use their service, but the hardware is still my property).

And I really don't consider Rooting as hacking; I believe it's returning it's original functionality. Using a Linux based system without the ability to run certain commands as a root user is just a waste.