1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Tethering help

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mkarolian, Jan 31, 2010.

1. mkarolian

mkarolian New Member

I have a rooted droid that I would like to use to tether to my macbook. I went and downloaded the tether apk here (android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code) and installed it through astro. The application launches fine and my computer connects to the SSID but for some reason I cant browse or ping anything from my macbook. Any easy solutions for this?
  2. mkarolian

mkarolian New Member

help? please?
  3. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

Sounds like you missed about a dozen steps in the middle. The APK alone won't allow you to tether - you also need to install a kernel that supports network bridging (the stock one doesn't).

I recommend the Bugless Beast kernel (0.7.1) posted just a few days ago. Search the forums for details.