Tethering help PLEASE

ellis971

Reaction score
Sorry for "shouting" in my description but im completely lost. I am trying to get the wifi tether app working but no matter what I've tried my pc says no network. I've tried patches and different versions of the app with no luck. I have even tried the radiocomm hack and still nothing. Am I doing something wrong or is it not possible on verizon now?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
I believe Gingerbread broke ALL the tethering apps so different versions aren't going to help.

The radiocomm hack and the stock Mobile Hotspot app work perfectly.

OP
E

ellis971

Reaction score
So I go back to my stock rom then do the radio hack again and mobile hotspot will be free? Wish free tethering was available.. I am using steel droid 3.0 would it be possible to use something besides gingerbread on my d3? Thanks in advanced

OP
E

ellis971

Reaction score
I think I have it figured out. Time will tell. I am going to be monitoring my data usage to see if mobile hotspot data usage increases. Hoping for the best; expecting the worse

svickstc

Reaction score
The radiocomm hack should work, make sure you did it right when you changed the ports that you rewrote them...

I used this hack from unrooted to root on SD 2.0 and now 3.0 with no problems

km75

Reaction score
So I go back to my stock rom then do the radio hack again and mobile hotspot will be free? Wish free tethering was available.. I am using steel droid 3.0 would it be possible to use something besides gingerbread on my d3? Thanks in advanced

I'm pretty sure the radiocomm hack is included in steel droid 3.0 rom.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
I think I have it figured out. Time will tell. I am going to be monitoring my data usage to see if mobile hotspot data usage increases. Hoping for the best; expecting the worse

It would be nice to hear what you figured out.

nu2droid

Reaction score

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Sorry for "shouting" in my description but im completely lost. I am trying to get the wifi tether app working but no matter what I've tried my pc says no network. I've tried patches and different versions of the app with no luck. I have even tried the radiocomm hack and still nothing. Am I doing something wrong or is it not possible on verizon now?

I haven't tried the radio hack yet, but what does work without much fuss is PDAnet (https://market.android.com/details?..._result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5wZGFuZXQiXQ..). Keep in mind that's WIRED (USB) and not WIFI, but the upside -- at least for those with a laptop who just use tether for a quick email/web fix -- is that you don't need root.

I'm pretty disappointed that good old fashioned wifi/wired tether doesn't work out of the box on a rooted D3. For the record, not sure that Gingerbread broke it -- at least, using Pete's GB ROM on my rooted D1, I had no problems with "Tether for Root". :(

-Matt