Tethering from droid to ipad2

Ricky

Reaction score
Does anyone no of a cord that has mini usb the( size that plugs into side of droid) on one end and the other end size that plugs into ipad2 (30 pin) I think they call it. I use free app tether lite to use my lap top for free internet mini usb to standard usb to side of laptop works great. I know you can root droid ,and pay verizon another $20.00 a month to make phone a hot spot ect. I am not wanting to do niether of the two. I simply want to plug from my droid to ipad2 and get on internet on ipad2. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You wont be able to do that.

You can root, then use Wifi Tether for free.

SSX v2.0

OP
R

Ricky

Reaction score
Do you mind sharing why? Do they not have a cord or adapter that will work.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You could use an adapter to make the cable work, but you have to install a tether program on the iPad side to work with your Droid.

Kinda like how you have to have the phone app and the program installed on the computer side when you hook up to a computer. There isn't anything out there for iPad that I am aware of.

SSX v2.0

OP
R

Ricky

Reaction score
Thanks alot for explaning you are correct when I hooked droid up first time to laptop it had a website or something to do with tethering that I downloaded onto my laptop and made a icon that I click on to open on my laptop. So now I need to dig deeper to find something for tethering on ipad2. Then if lucky find adapter. Thanks again for your help.

OP
R

Ricky

Reaction score
I know they say you can root phone. But I do not know enough about it to do it also sceptical of what it will do to my phone. I read a thread on this forum last night about how to do it. Sounds like you need to be a computer genius to accomplish the root process do not know if I am up for that on the forum it also said you could damage phone also. I need to find program on ipad2 for tethering.