1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Tethering - Data Usage Observation

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by BigMcGuire, Mar 27, 2011.

1. BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire New Member

This weekend I tethered my laptop to my HTC Thunderbolt. Was enjoying 24mpbs down and 10-15mbps up. Managed to eat 150mb of data in a few minutes. One thing I noticed is that on my VerizonWireless.com Usage stats, that it put the 150MB in my Domestic Data Used instead of my Domestic Mobile Broadband Connect Data Used. How am I to know how much of the 2GB I've used if it just pools it all together? I was under the impression that although Tethering is free till May, you're still bound by the 2GB and will be charged if you go over that.
  2. DroidStang

DroidStang New Member

you using vzaccess?....you need to download, either PDANet or easytether or wireless tether for non rooted phones the you are not even letting verizon know you tether, the thing that ends in may is wireless hotspot.
  3. BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire New Member

I used the Mobile Hotspot app on my HTC Thunderbolt. (I'm not rooted yet). Figured I'd take advantage of the free Tethering for a bit.
  4. DroidStang

DroidStang New Member

try one of the others you see works good, just need the usb cable