Tethering Blocked!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by NeoJerk, Oct 12, 2011.

1. NeoJerk

NeoJerk New Member

So, my OG Droid gave up the ghost, and now I am using my replacement Samsung Continuum (only free android phone available). Right before my Droid got stuck in Airplane Mode, I accidentally left it on all night while tethered via EasyTether. The following day, my tethering would show as connected, but I could no longer access the internet. After getting my replacement Continuum, I tried to download Barnacle Wifi Tether (after rooting), and received the same result. I'm just wondering if Verizon blocked my line from tethering, and, if so, what I can do to get it back. I rooted my friend's OG Droid and was able to successfully root and tether it via Barnacle. Help!
  2. Droid-Xer

Droid-Xer DF Super Moderator Premium Member

Barnacle is always hit or miss for me. On GB it almost never works. It worked best on froyo. Try going to /settings/apps/manage apps/barnacle/force stop/wipe data and see if that works.
  3. NeoJerk

NeoJerk New Member

Thanks but no dice. I lost the ability to even tether via USB, even on my OG before I got this phone. I think it's my line they blocked. I'm just wondering what I could call and say to get it turned back on...or if I can change those settings myself somehow.
  4. rubiksc00p

rubiksc00p Well-Known Member

Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
    I don't think they could stop you from tethering. I have gotten the messages from them saying you need to pay but I don't think they could actually block your line from tethering. That's really weird though...
    How many apps have you tried using? I never use Barnacle because it doesn't work for me...
  5. NeoJerk

NeoJerk New Member

Well, I tried EasyTether (which ALWAYS worked in the past) on both the Droid and my Continuum, then I tried Barnacle on the Continuum. Odd thing is I can get Barnacle to work on my friend's OG Droid. Weird indeed.
  6. NeoJerk

NeoJerk New Member

OK, so I am VERY glad to be wrong on this one! Tried the Android Wifi Tether app, but the beta didn't work. Once I realized it was a beta, I tried the last stable version...SUCCESS!!!so thank you very much for That suggestion.
Search tags for this page

barnicla wifi three block

contium wifi tether

how to block tethering on galaxy

is tethering on continuum free

samsung easytether blocked

verizonecontinnum hacks