Tethering blocked?

rcjames

Reaction score
I just rooted my droid x gingerbread ota and I am tethering right now. But I am on cricket network. Sucks data cap is 1gb or 2gb.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
So is this issue with the Droid 3 only, all Moto Droids? I know I couldn't tether AT ALL with my Droid X the last days it was activated. It's rooted and has the tether patch installed... Thunderbolt generally works fine though.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So is this issue with the Droid 3 only, all Moto Droids? I know I couldn't tether AT ALL with my Droid X the last days it was activated. It's rooted and has the tether patch installed... Thunderbolt generally works fine though.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

I tether with easy tether and the hot spot hack every day on my d3 with no problems at all.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Jugglingwj

Reaction score
I tether with easy tether and the hot spot hack every day on my d3 with no problems at all.

How does Easy Tether work? Just install the app and load a program on the computer like PDANet? What's the advantage of Easy Tether over PDANet?

Is Easy Tether do wireless or just wired?

Snow02

Reaction score
Thanks for the link.
For now, I'm going to wait for an easier method. I don't want to mess anything up and I don't have hours to spend on it to make sure everything is done perfect.

You really can't mess this up. And it takes less than five minutes to do. Download and all. Just follow the directions.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
How does Easy Tether work? Just install the app and load a program on the computer like PDANet? What's the advantage of Easy Tether over PDANet?

Is Easy Tether do wireless or just wired?

Easy tether works the same as pda but its cheaper. 10 vs 20 or 30 that pdanet is.