Tethered to my laptop using pdanet...overage on shared minutes?!!!...

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
Not really sour grapes, but they're the ones who are using more bandwidth, thereby degrading the service of everyone else, without having the tethering plan and paying the extra money to cover Verizon's cost to upgrade their infrastructure to handle said bandwidth.

sure... where do you sign up for the plan... cuz everytime I've asked, they said "your Droid can't tether via the USB cord"

okee-doakee... I tried.

takeshi said:
Tether all you want and justify it however you want but many carriers specifically disallow it in their TOS. Be aware of the potential risks.

PICTURE REMOVED DUE TO LACK OF RELEVANCE TO THREAD

sometimes the risk is worth it....

Last edited by a moderator:

DroidJT

Reaction score
Quoting Tcs and Cs

No worries! :)

Cool, man. Meant no offense -- glad we're all here and just want this guy to get some good info on how to dodge what could be a costly bullet......

Okay, with that out of the way, let me say this to the jackass remarks (I won't name anyone directly) of quoting the Ts & Cs of the Verizon end-user agreement as an APPROPRIATE response on this forum rather than offering an alternative solution to EATING the cost of whatever Big Red bills them: SHAME ON YOU!!! Take that Sh*t to the Verizon Wireless forums. What are you doing here? Why do you have a droid or use an open-sourced software based mobile phone?? In fact, ask yourself why you use a Droid before you start quoting what an end user is "supposed" to do with their Droid. And if you feel that way, for Christ's sake, don't use a Droid with custom Rom and then have the audacity to quote someone the VZW GodDamned end-user agreement!! Do you not see the irony???:)

Okay, wheeeewwwww!! I feel much better. Seriously, let's help people that come to the DroidForums. Cool?

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not really sour grapes, but they're the ones who are using more bandwidth, thereby degrading the service of everyone else, without having the tethering plan and paying the extra money to cover Verizon's cost to upgrade their infrastructure to handle said bandwidth.

sure... where do you sign up for the plan... cuz everytime I've asked, they said "your Droid can't tether via the USB cord"

okee-doakee... I tried.

takeshi said:
Tether all you want and justify it however you want but many carriers specifically disallow it in their TOS. Be aware of the potential risks.

She is just crying out to be tethered ... but that would be a violation of my girlfriend's terms of service :icon_eek:

ionide

Reaction score
Call vzw customer service to get signed up.
It's a feature that has been available on the droid 1 since 2.2

okee-doakee... I tried.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
This thread is running out of use quickly. I will say this once. Do not post more pictures like that on here. It is not conducive to the thread or the board. If you want pictures of women in little to no clothes, go find boards specializing in that. We aren't one of those.

As for the remarks, keep them in check and avoid the flaming and making it personal. That is unacceptable as well.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score

okee-doakee... I tried.

takeshi said:

She is just crying out to be tethered ... but that would be a violation of my girlfriend's terms of service :icon_eek:

lmao.... Glad someone saw the analogy I was shooting for. hahaha

Christoph3r

Reaction score
...Personally I've been waiting for them to start nailing people who are tethering and will be glad when they start billing/fining people... especially people that do it excessively...

"Excessively" - yeah, like, way beyond "unlimited"? Right?

[RANT]
They advertise unlimited. They don't let you even USE a cool smartphone without paying an extra $30 a month. I've gone to Verizon stores a half dozen times asking to see HD video playing on a phone without pauses, they can never deliver.

I'm tired of people that have sympathy for big corporations - they are squeezing every penny they can out of their customers and not letting them choose for themselves: what apps they have installed on their phone, whether or not they want a cellular data plan with their Android phone (WiFi only would be PLENTY for many of us), advertising more than they deliver, using any and all unfair business practices they can get away with, etc.

Verizon charges extra for every little feature that they should be adding for free simply to provide a better customer experience to show why you should use them as your carrier and not company xyz. CityId - cool idea, monthly fee? WTF, it's just a SMALL SIMPLE database, should be standard. [/RANT]

I wish they would hurry up and pass laws requiring people to be able to remove ALL unesc. extra non-free apps from their phones. I say Verizon is violating their own contract by claiming "ulimited" then explicitly limiting it in their contract.

...$60 a month for real high-speed internet...

WTF - wow, they sure have you bent over.

ISPs in the US SUCK! The AVERAGE ISP subscriber in Japan gets 60Mbps and pays less than half that.

My internet service is plenty fast for everything I do except: uploading HD family videos of my kids to their grandparents that live overseas. No matter what I can't seem to get fast UL speeds at reasonable prices...

Last edited:

DropC

Reaction score
Google are the ones making these amazing phones. They are a large corporation that makes millions and millions, and yet they have a "do no evil" philosophy. They allow the tethering apps on the market (even if they didn't in the past), so we should be able to do what we want with them. Verizon (or any other carrier for that matter) won't lock down my phones natural capabilities, as long as I can do anything about it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

booboo732

Reaction score
...Personally I've been waiting for them to start nailing people who are tethering and will be glad when they start billing/fining people... especially people that do it excessively...

"Excessively" - yeah, like, way beyond "unlimited"? Right?

[RANT]
They advertise unlimited. They don't let you even USE a cool smartphone without paying an extra $30 a month. I've gone to Verizon stores a half dozen times asking to see HD video playing on a phone without pauses, they can never deliver.

I'm tired of people that have sympathy for big corporations - they are squeezing every penny they can out of their customers and not letting them choose for themselves: what apps they have installed on their phone, whether or not they want a cellular data plan with their Android phone (WiFi only would be PLENTY for many of us), advertising more than they deliver, using any and all unfair business practices they can get away with, etc.

Verizon charges extra for every little feature that they should be adding for free simply to provide a better customer experience to show why you should use them as your carrier and not company xyz. CityId - cool idea, monthly fee? WTF, it's just a SMALL SIMPLE database, should be standard. [/RANT]

I wish they would hurry up and pass laws requiring people to be able to remove ALL unesc. extra non-free apps from their phones. I say Verizon is violating their own contract by claiming "ulimited" then explicitly limiting it in their contract.

...$60 a month for real high-speed internet...

WTF - wow, they sure have you bent over.

ISPs in the US SUCK! The AVERAGE ISP subscriber in Japan gets 60Mbps and pays less than half that.

My internet service is plenty fast for everything I do except: uploading HD family videos of my kids to their grandparents that live overseas. No matter what I can't seem to get fast UL speeds at reasonable prices...

heya,
as my first post here, I have to totally agree with you man.

VZW rips everyone off so WTF is the difference if someone uses UNDER (UNDER I SAID) 5GB on their CELL or their LAPTOP by tethering???
NONE!

its the same thing if you use the SAME Gbs (AGAIN-- UNDER 5gb) on ya cell or laptop...Why not use UNDER 5 GBS on the laptop and save your dam eyes when you need when, when you are OLD!

the only difference is the screen is larger and hurts eyes less on a laptop!

Now going OVER 5GBs by tethering, I do not condone!!!!!!!!! thats not cool man

The point is I see NO DIFFERENCE (and there is no diff.) in watching You Tube on my Laptop Vs. My Droid (exc. what i said--- the eye strain!)

Last edited:

ionide

Reaction score
I say Verizon is violating their own contract by claiming "ulimited" then explicitly limiting it in their contract.

Where do they claim unlimited and then limit it? Please point it out, because I think youre mistaken.

brennan

Reaction score
I say Verizon is violating their own contract by claiming "ulimited" then explicitly limiting it in their contract.

Where do they claim unlimited and then limit it? Please point it out, because I think youre mistaken.

All the big carriers have done this in the past with their "unlimited" plans, in the fine print, it would say 5g limit. I don't think any of them do this anymore though

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

All the big carriers have done this in the past with their "unlimited" plans, in the fine print, it would say 5g limit. I don't think any of them do this anymore though

I used 6.08GB last month with no overages...?

OP
S

slickstreem

Reaction score
Ok, so just to let you all know, no additional fees for 20hours of tethered service on the road from New York to Tennessee and back.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App