Tether uploading nonstop w/o tethered devices!!

akappy332

Reaction score
I'm running gingerbread and as soon as Wifi tether turns on it starts uploading like crazy even if nothing is tethered to my phone.. any ideas on why it's doing this? I've also applied the TBH patch but it was doing the same thing before and after.

raw33

Reaction score
I'm running gingerbread and as soon as Wifi tether turns on it starts uploading like crazy even if nothing is tethered to my phone.. any ideas on why it's doing this? I've also applied the TBH patch but it was doing the same thing before and after.

I'm having the same problem with my D2G Gingerbread 607. Once I connect a device to it, it starts uploading crazy fast up to about 400-500kb then slows.
I can load webpages fine with slighter high uploads than tethering on 2.2.

Wondering if someone Verizon is trying to track hot spot usage?

psand

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with my D2G Gingerbread 607. Once I connect a device to it, it starts uploading crazy fast up to about 400-500kb then slows.
I can load webpages fine with slighter high uploads than tethering on 2.2.

Wondering if someone Verizon is trying to track hot spot usage?

Maybe. I just got my root back and in testing it out I ran the wireless tether program (didn't even conect anything just ran it to make sure it worked).

After closing it out I lost network connectivity and went I opened the browser ... every page got rerouted to a Mobile Hotspot subscription page. On rebooting I regained connectivity and the browser is no longer being rerouted.

OH I see now this is an old issue. Started occuring while I wasn't paying attention.

Last edited: