tether trouble

DKDroid3

Reaction score
I cannot seem to get my Droid 3 to tether correctly, seems to connect but I am unable to navigate with my browser, anyone else run into this, does the same with pda net, foxfi, and hotspot app.

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
did you use the tbh teather hack? or are you just using the apps?
wireless will loose connection from time to time due to interference..
if you did the tbh hack the best way that I have found to tether is by usb..

tuffD1

Reaction score
What is tbh?

Sent from my DROID3 because my DROID1 is on vacation.

tuffD1

Reaction score
Disregard.

Sent from my DROID3 because my DROID1 is on vacation.

odongo

Reaction score
Same problem on my Droid3 3 after installing Maverick 4.5 ROM.

Wifi tether connects with other devices but can't navigate. Any solution?

OP
D

DKDroid3

Reaction score
My tether trouble seems to have faded away, after a reboot things started working. I have also noticed that I must turn of Wifi before trying to tether. Used to always turn off automatically when turning on hotspot app. Weird, but after doing that no problem navigating with browser.

nodixe

Reaction score
What configuration were you using (rom/ver-wifi tether ver-setup method)? I would like to hear everyone's input!..Is there a thread where droid 3 owners discuss/compare their setup? My dx can establish way better connection and I just want see if I can improve it? Sorry I hijacked you're thread but I was experiencing same problems so thought I'd ask...

SCH i400->MB810->XT862 sent using Tapatalk 2

nodixe

Reaction score
I almost forgot. I'm running Axiomics AOKP 1.1 with wifi tether version 3.2 beta 1 setup as droid 3-hostapd. I installed beta 2 but t didn't support hostapd and the other 2 didn't work....

SCH i400->MB810->XT862 sent using Tapatalk 2

OP
D

DKDroid3

Reaction score
Sorry that I have not been on to update, after a few days the tether function started working fine. I am not really sure what the issue was that kept the browser from navigating. I had tried rebooting battery pulls, etc and nothing seemed to work. Very strange, the only thing that I did notice was that at one point when I was having trouble I noticed on my power widget that WIFI was still on. I manually turned it off then the tethering worked. Must be a bug in the software is all that I can come up with.