Tether Help needed!

fullrace

Reaction score
I just got my droid x. It has the 2.2 and the latest system update.

I rooted with Z4 1.0.6. Android WIFI Tether installed, but does not work.

The install does not ask for SU permission and when you try to use WIFI the app says "No access contro"l. Nothing else has been done on the phone.

Can anybody help? I preume I did something wrong as other searches says Android Tether works.

KHeeney5

Reaction score

The install does not ask for SU permission and when you try to use WIFI the app says "No access contro"l. Nothing else has been done on the phone.

Can anybody help? I preume I did something wrong as other searches says Android Tether works.

Unroot with the Z4 you used.

Then.

Try to download z4Root 1.3 (I believe was the last version) Google it and you should find it at XDA.

Then reboot and it should work. I have no problem with it!

Let me know if it works.

OP
F

fullrace

Reaction score

Unroot with the Z4 you used.

Then.

Try to download z4Root 1.3 (I believe was the last version) Google it and you should find it at XDA.

Then reboot and it should work. I have no problem with it!

Let me know if it works.

First, thanks for the reply.

I can't type. I did root with z4 ver 1.3. When I install the tether app it never asks for SU permission as I have seen on the youtube vids. It installs and then I get the "No access controls" which makes sense if it does not have root permission on the kernel, I have uninstalled and reinstalled and get the same error.

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Do you see the Super User icon? I think super user is in the market. Try downloading that. Otherwise I'd guess your root files got currupt. Which in that case I'd reroot.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
F

fullrace

Reaction score
Do you see the Super User icon? I think super user is in the market. Try downloading that. Otherwise I'd guess your root files got currupt. Which in that case I'd reroot.

Sent from my DROIDX

The Super User Icon is there and it shows Z4 as a rooted program. I did use Z4 to root several times as the first time I used Z4 the program just spun for over 16 minutes. I rebooted, then uninstalled, then reinstalled and root seemed to install correctly.