Tether hack

stgeorge

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get the Wifi Tether app working post Verizon's OTA ICS update on the droid 4 ? Please don't respond by telling me to run Foxfi- I'm sure that works, but I'm curious about the Wifi Tether app that I've had working prior to getting updated to ICS from GB. Yes, my phone was and continues to be rooted (thanks to Voodoo).

stgeorge

Reaction score
OK- my bad. FYI everyone- once you get the OTA update to ICS, if you're not familiar with Voodoo (like me :)), you need to fire up Voodoo after the update and tell it to re-root your phone. I was under the misunderstanding the Voodoo simply keeps your phone rooted, but that is not technically correct. Once I had Voodoo re-root my phone, and set the wifi tether app to "Generic ICS wlan1" it started working perfectly again.

Live and learn!

audinutt

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up... I have been missing wifi tether, they must have recently updated it to add the two generic ICS profiles. Foxfi and the built-in hotspots were taking a while to provided dhcp leases, now I connect immediately again :)

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2