Tether hack

jkcsho

Reaction score
Has nebody heard anything about the tether hack on the d4? I wonder if it will be like the d3?

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

greenmile

Reaction score
FoxFi isn't working for me. Get a WiFi connection but it's limited/no IP address. I tried their suggestion of turning on WiFi, connecting and disconnecting from a wireless network first, but still not working.

greenmile

Reaction score
My bad - I forgot I had a static IP address set on my laptop so DHCP was failing. Changed the DHCP starting IP to 192.168.1.x and it worked.

Also, now that I rooted and did the SQLLite hack to turn off "entitlement_check" setting, I uninstalled FoxFi since it works natively now.

hashbaz83

Reaction score
Also, now that I rooted and did the SQLLite hack to turn off "entitlement_check" setting, I uninstalled FoxFi since it works natively now.

Confirmed, I just did this as well. I'm getting 8mb/s downloads and 1mb/s uploads.

pgreeny

Reaction score
Working great here as well. Awesome! Thanks

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

Coalase

Reaction score
don't know why but Foxfi is saying "fail to start hotspot, your phone is not yet supported" for me.

EDIT: working fine now after a rebooting, awesome!

USB tethering works fine with PDANet

Last edited:

BullysonRazor

Reaction score
This app works I just hope it sticks.Nice to have again since I'm no longer rooted anymore.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Meteora

Reaction score
For those who have used PDAnet, can you confirm the bluetooth and wifi tether works on the droid 4?

alex94kumar

Reaction score
I can report that Wireless Tether Version 3.1 Beta 11 works perfectly on my rooted droid 4. The speeds are incredible, im getting tethering speeds of 18mbps, and i watched a 1080p youtube video with absolutely no lag. im really loving 4g.

EDIT: i strongly suggest only using a wireless tether while plugged in and charging. you will absolutely murder your battery life during tethering

Meteora

Reaction score
Nice!!!

Another question which would be off the topic in this thread.
There have been alot of posts on the web that the droid 4 is able to connect to gsm networks and that this feature will be available down the road for those who travel outside the us.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/The-...ll-be-Verizons-first-LTE-world-phones_id25775

For those who rooted there phones, is this option available in the settings/network section or is it a matter of unlocking the phone.

Last edited:

r314bd

Reaction score
Nice!!!

Another question which would be off the topic in this thread.
There have been alot of posts on the web that the droid 4 is able to connect to gsm networks and that this feature will be available down the road for those who travel outside the us.

The LG Spectrum and Motorola DROID 4 will be Verizon's first LTE world phones

For those who rooted there phones, is this option available in the settings/network section or is it a matter of unlocking the phone.
I think that while the radio in the phone is CDMA/GSM/LTE, the Droid 4 doesn't actually have a GSM SIM card slot (unless it uses the same slot as the LTE SIM). So I'm not sure how one would be able to roam globally with this phone.

alex94kumar

Reaction score
Worked for me too...but I noticed that I am getting the "Tethering or hotspot active" icon/message in the notification bar. Are you getting that as well? Is it a cause for concern?

i really dont think so, its probably just the phone getting confused over what is using its tethering service. but i could be wrong