Tether for root users never works

Discussion in 'Drod2169 - X' started by HelpeRX, Nov 30, 2010.

1. HelpeRX

HelpeRX Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have tried so many times tether for root users never works i am currently running droids rom focused 1.9.3 and the only thing i can manage to do is make barnacle tether work which is like 80percent of time works but its less secure because only works when i do skip ip or whatever its called. Any suggestions?

2. Porterhouse0

Porterhouse0 Member

Ratings:
    +0

are you talking about "wireless tether" from the market? i am running the same rom you are and it works 100% of the time.

3. mcp770

mcp770 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same here, click the one giant button that looks like a wifi signal and it works. Never had a problem with it.

4. willwillywilson

willwillywilson New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had a similar problem at first. The issue turned out to be half my computer settings and half the tether settings. On the PC side I would check to see if you're computer is setup to automatically obtain on IP address from your router (which worked for me) or if you're using a static IP (which didn't work for me). I had a static IP setup and could always connect to my phone (and send data to it) but never was able to get an internet connection (and receive data). After switching to an automatic IP setting tether immediately started working. However, afterwards I noticed I would frequently become disconnected (every 2-3 minutes) from tether. To fix this I tried changing the channel in the tether settings to channel one. This stopped the disconnects. Hopefully these two things help.

5. HelpeRX

HelpeRX Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No luck

Nope it is set to automatic ip and still no results does not work.

6. Zaphod-Beeblebrox

Ratings:
    +0
    Make sure you aren't using 'Access Control' on the Tethering app. It's known not to work. I think using WEP works, but otherwise, just leave it 'Open'.