Tether for my ipad

OP
L

lennywc

Reaction score
Womp,
Yeah, I agree with you there. The apple app store is really no better than the android marketplace. It very difficult to find what you are looking for . Yes it is ironic that the king of search can't provide a better way to search the marketplace. Maybe someone will write an app that will help.

BPB

Reaction score
Womp,
Yeah, I agree with you there. The apple app store is really no better than the android marketplace. It very difficult to find what you are looking for . Yes it is ironic that the king of search can't provide a better way to search the marketplace. Maybe someone will write an app that will help.

Well, someone sort of did. Have you seen WWW.appbrain.com? There's the web part of it, but the appbrain app for the Droid is pretty good with searching and categorizing apps.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Womp

Reaction score
Yeah if anything it could be similarly asked why iTunes isn't as well done as AppBrain for app perusal from the PC/mac side. ;)

davoz28

Reaction score
Bleh. I dont hate either. I used to hate Apple and i still hate Steve Jobs with a passion. I left AT&T and the iphone 3g 2 months ago. But personal feelings aside, heres my experience:
iTunes and the Steve Jobs way is not the way to go. The whole interface is the main reason i switched. Thank you droid for drag n drop. I couldnt figure out why itunes would sync things i didnt want and wouldnt sync others. (Yes i had the file structure set up correctly)
Apple apps are leaps and bounds ahead of the Android market. Granted they've had more time and android will continue to improve/expand. Also I believe u can put droid apps on the sdcard which clears up the 256m issue.
The iphones touch pickup was bar none best ever (im assuming ipad is the same), but the droid has the ability to multitask and a crapton better notification menu.

All in all both are nice devices, but i give the edge to droid for open source/customization and ease of access (again **** you itunes and Steve Jobs telling me what to do) all on a network where I actually have good signal and 3g everywhere, which is a must when i travel 5 states for work on a weekly basis.

coondogg97

Reaction score
After all the crap I talked I broke down over the weekend and picked up an iPad. It is everything I expected it to be being an iPod Touch owner for years. It is a very cool piece of tech, but it is also lacking in a number of areas. The iPad apps that are available are so limited its not even funny. The iPhone apps that you can run look horribly distorted. And the MOST disappointing part is that it will ONLY charge through the OEM plug and cable. Yep, if you are on a Windows machine or a Mac older then a couple of years the device WILL NOT charge while it is syncing or attached to a PC.

I understand this is the first generation of the device and all, but by Apple standards this was not ready to be released.

M

Matth3w

Dude it hasn't even been out a month. That means app developers didn't have a ton of time to get their hands on it to design apps for it. There are a ton of awesome apps, and I'm sure we will see thousands more in the next few months.

It's missing some apps I want, but it also has a ton of great ones.

coondogg97

Reaction score
I understand this is the first generation of the device and all, but by Apple standards this was not ready to be released.

Dude it hasn't even been out a month. That means app developers didn't have a ton of time to get their hands on it to design apps for it. There are a ton of awesome apps, and I'm sure we will see thousands more in the next few months.

It's missing some apps I want, but it also has a ton of great ones.

Dude, again its not up to par with Apples past releases. The fact that it doesn't have a camera is a JOKE! That has nothing to do with it being the first generation device, has nothing to do with the device being so new. It was to cut corners which isn't something Apple would have done in the past. The iPhone 4G is supposedly coming out with 2 cameras, so Apple must understand there is a need for it. Why release a thousand dollar device without a cheap camera? This device was not ready to be released, but Apple had to beat there competitors to market so they released it early.

Care to share what great apps are currently available?

M

Matth3w

1. Ok if you hate it that bad why would you be stupid enough to buy it? You knew it didn't come with a camera...

2. It IS up to par with past first releases. I bought the iPhone the month it came out and there were no apps to really download at first.

3. I use a bunch of great apps and games. But I bought it mainly for watching video while traveling and using the internet. But as far as apps go, I have:

- Pages
- Keynote
- Goodreader
- Print Central
- IMDb
- iBooks
- Early Edition
- iWiki HD
- Photobucket
- eBay
- Two apps for keeping up to date on my Farsi language skills
- Epicurious
- Netflix
- Kayak Flights
- ABC Player
- Pandora

As for games, I have:

- Dungeon Hunter HD
- Scrabble
- Crosswords
- Flight Control HD
- Harbor Master
- 10 Pin Shuffle
- iSpadez
- Let's Golf
- Civilization Revolutions
- Asphalt 5
- Zombie Attack
- Bebbled HD
- Pinball HD
- Brick Breaker
- CB Solitaire

Among some other misc assorted apps, some for the iPhone some not worth mentioning (like jumbo calculator).

coondogg97

Reaction score
1. Ok if you hate it that bad why would you be stupid enough to buy it? You knew it didn't come with a camera...

Exactly where did I say I hated it? Was it between calling it a great piece of tech or explaining how I have bought into Apple for years. All I was stating is that for the first time Apple is cutting corners. With companies like Google on their ass it is the wrong time to start playing games and holding back.

PLUS I had a $500 gift card for Apple, thats the main reason I was stupid enough to buy it. Not that it mattered because when I got to the Apple store I was told I couldn't use the APPLE gift card on the iPad. Anything else in the store was fine, but they were only excepting cash and credit for iPads. I had to return the gift card and they are sending me out a check in the mail. Great way to do business!

2. It IS up to par with past first releases. I bought the iPhone the month it came out and there were no apps to really download at first.

I was talking about the previous hardware and again how they cut corners on the iPad. Has nothing to do with the app store. When the first gen Touch came out the app store was already well on its way.

3. I use a bunch of great apps and games. But I bought it mainly for watching video while traveling and using the internet. But as far as apps go, I have:

- Pages
- Keynote
- Goodreader
- Print Central
- IMDb
- iBooks
- Early Edition
- iWiki HD
- Photobucket
- eBay
- Two apps for keeping up to date on my Farsi language skills
- Epicurious
- Netflix
- Kayak Flights
- ABC Player
- Pandora

As for games, I have:

- Dungeon Hunter HD
- Scrabble
- Crosswords
- Flight Control HD
- Harbor Master
- 10 Pin Shuffle
- iSpadez
- Let's Golf
- Civilization Revolutions
- Asphalt 5
- Zombie Attack
- Bebbled HD
- Pinball HD
- Brick Breaker
- CB Solitaire

Among some other misc assorted apps, some for the iPhone some not worth mentioning (like jumbo calculator).

Half the games you listed have gotten TERRIBLE reviews on the iPad. And you have to be kidding me with Civ, have you even played it? It looks like CRAP on the iPad!

Anyway, take a breath and relax my man. It is just my opinion and im sure it wont have any affect on your life at all. I have every intention on getting the WePad when it comes out and much like the Droid, I am sure it will be a better device then the iPad.

M

Matth3w

Guess the HP Slate isn't going to be the iPad killer either. lol

andysousa

Reaction score
so I have been thinking about rooting just for the wifi tethering... question, is there a rom that will simply add wifi tether, I really don't want to change the look and feel of the stock 2.1.

Thanks

andysousa

Reaction score
You don't need a rom...just root and wifi tether.

darm, maybe I am missing something then... that link he provided says that you need a rom after doing that process to get root acces. Is this not true?