Tether Droid 3(unrooted) to Tablet???????

eclipse507

Reaction score
I want to know how if it is possible to tether my D3 to my Toshiba Thrive(gingerbread) tablet. I tried PDAnet tablet with no luck. Is there any way to tether without paying Verizon for the hotspot. I wont use it enough to pay for the service. I rooted my OG droid, and was able to tether to my PC wit hthat, but I am hoping that I dont have to root the D3.

Thanks!

fsumann

Reaction score
I use bluetooth for tethering my bionic to my ipad2. I just put the ipad into airplane mode and pair both devices with bluetooth.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
E

eclipse507

Reaction score
I wish that worked. From what I have read Verizon blocked some things in the D3.......I was hoping there was an easy fix for it.

slicknic116

Reaction score
I want to know how if it is possible to tether my D3 to my Toshiba Thrive(gingerbread) tablet. I tried PDAnet tablet with no luck. Is there any way to tether without paying Verizon for the hotspot. I wont use it enough to pay for the service. I rooted my OG droid, and was able to tether to my PC wit hthat, but I am hoping that I dont have to root the D3.

Thanks!

I use my Droid 3 and tethered it with my Samsung Galaxy Tablet, using the PDAnet Tablet app and it worked fine. You sure you installed it correctly?