Tether beware

DroidXcalibur

Reaction score
...don't cha just love the corporate definition of "unlimited data"?!!? 'Hey, you can have unlimited data! ...up to x speed, on this single device, unless you buy more crap from us'

preusstang

Reaction score
Ok i've used 'wireless tether for root users' for every ROM I've ever used. Im now on Liberty GB v0.3 and decided to check out the 3G Mobile Hotspot app. It works! w00t. And its way better than those other apps. I don't care about verizon or their lies. This is my device and I pay damn good money for my data plan.

My question is, how is this working? I've never applied any sort of hack that I know of. Is the patch from TBH included or is this some other voodoo?? Also, what are the implications of the "uncapped data" .zip? Does it have any relevance here?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

idol

Reaction score
Ok i've used 'wireless tether for root users' for every ROM I've ever used. Im now on Liberty GB v0.3 and decided to check out the 3G Mobile Hotspot app. It works! w00t. And its way better than those other apps. I don't care about verizon or their lies. This is my device and I pay damn good money for my data plan.

My question is, how is this working? I've never applied any sort of hack that I know of. Is the patch from TBH included or is this some other voodoo?? Also, what are the implications of the "uncapped data" .zip? Does it have any relevance here?

thanks

Haha it worked for me too. I have never installed any patch. It must be included.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok guys we are all adults here but this is a family friendly site. If I have to go through and edits anymore post for bypassing the language filter infractions will be issued. This is your first and last warning.

armedmonkey

Reaction score
The issue wasn't that it won't work, the issue was that VZW will be able to / or can currently trace you, catch you, and slap you repeatedly with a large trout until you feel like you're in IRC.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
...don't cha just love the corporate definition of "unlimited data"?!!? 'Hey, you can have unlimited data! ...up to x speed, on this single device, unless you buy more crap from us'

And you agreed to it when activating your device....

preusstang

Reaction score
The issue wasn't that it won't work, the issue was that VZW will be able to / or can currently trace you, catch you, and slap you repeatedly with a large trout until you feel like you're in IRC.

lmao!! Well if that's all, bring it on VZW! Im become quite efficient in my trout wielding abilities. Im hungry, too.

But on a serious note, if if they can tell - by packet headers or whatever - that traffic is originating from another source, not only can we spoof the user-agent on our pc, but cant you just say you were spoofing your phone as a pc and running both concurrently as some sort of app development? Is that against TOS? Bear with me here cause im not exactly sure wth any of that means

Last edited:
Reaction score
Pretty sure "tether" is a made up word anyway. Unless there is a clause about using the phone as a proxy, I'm gonna keep on keeping on.