mobile_sensei

Team Liberty
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Dont Panic....

I for one, am not worried about it... I tried the hack to see if it worked, out of curiosity because I work for Verizon & Laughed about "Someone Sticking It To The Man", but have never actually used it.
For those of you who are in an panic get the file below:
:)

doomrainer

Reaction score
I would imagine that, regardless of who the sending source is, the packets will still tell a story. Your computers browser uses a different User-Agent string then the phone. As an analyst, that's the first thing that would tell me the phone is doing something other than it should be.

So, yes they can track who is doing what to an extent. Whether there is something they can legally do, that is beyond my vison :p frankly I already spend way to much for an unlimted capped plan...

Sent from my R2D2 using DroidForums

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can spoof the user agent.
All they could do is make an educated guess.

SoDroid

Reaction score
Verizon can tell if ur rooted because ur phone does not accept the ota update. I'm not sure how they tell if ur tethering.

EDIT: Just to clarify, this is all according to P3Droid. Take it for what its worth.

Last edited:

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lawlz... half the android phones I've messed with aren't up-to-date. Seriously that makes no sense.

bigjay517

Reaction score
What I do is use a vpn to encrypt the 3g traffic from my phone to the internet, that way they can't read my traffic.

fastfood8891

Reaction score
Verizon can tell if ur rooted because ur phone does not accept the ota update. I'm not sure how they tell if ur tethering.

this is what p3droid says, but this has been debunked all over the xda forums.

armedmonkey

Reaction score
What I do is use a vpn to encrypt the 3g traffic from my phone to the internet, that way they can't read my traffic.

I'm curious how you do this (off topic of this thread, I guess, but I'd still like to know).

And I think P3 has betrayed us. From what I hear he's had some tough choices lately about whether to be true to us or to save his own ass. Which, in a sense he deserves to have the right to do. Even if he's being a (pink pony) right now, he's still helped the community in the past :)

I for one, am not worried about it... I tried the hack to see if it worked, out of curiosity because I work for Verizon & Laughed about "Someone Sticking It To The Man", but have never actually used it.
For those of you who are in an panic get the file below:
:)

Does liberty install this patch when you flash to it? Or would you have to explicitly do it? (I don't use it, so if it's enabled for me, i'd just like to turn it off, to be safe:p)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
R

rfranken

Reaction score

I keep hearing people saying this......don't most of us switch to stock and then take the OTA and them rom back up??
Thats what I do. So even though I'm rooted....I still take ALL the OTA's.

bobAbooey

Reaction score

I keep hearing people saying this......don't most of us switch to stock and then take the OTA and them rom back up??
Thats what I do. So even though I'm rooted....I still take ALL the OTA's.

Same here. And I don't take the update the sec it comes out, i wanna read about it a little. This is all so confusing. Like someone lit a fuse and is just watching it all about to blow.

droskie3000

Reaction score
from my understanding the 3g hotspot app is a seperate zip that would need to be seperatlly flashed in clockwork inorder for the verizon 3g app to work..

if anybody wants to do some reading up on how it works here it is:
TBH: Droid 3G Hotspot NVRAM Hack

i believe the reason that verizon is soooo ticked off is becasue their app was reworked to bypass sending information back to verzin regaridn how much info has been used.

also the fact that p3droid was oringally getting people to buy the THB app that had the 3g hotspot app probablly isnt helping him either.

Basiccally the way i look at it is that he would have been fine if he created is own app to wirelessly tether, but because he took the verizon app and modded it, thats why he is looking at some trouble..

even though verizon isnt coming after people yet, doesnt mean that they wont. im sure they are out tons of money from all the inforamiton that has been sent/recieved because of the 3g hack.

overall i would recomend not using the 3g hack from here on out..