Tester Leak Indicates Droid Bionic Battery Life has Improved Battery Life

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, camera is a big sticking point for me. My HTC can open the camera app and snap a picture within the span of about 2 seconds. Never had a Motorola yet that would even come close to that, including the Droid 3. I hope the camera firmware has been redesigned to be faster on the Bionic.

Agreed, what good is 8 Megapixels if it takes 8 minutes to open the camera app and snap a shot. It seems as though no one at Moto know how poor the camera really is, so they continue to use it for all their Droid phones.

I've never tried it, but I have heard that adding an app greatly improves the picture quality... makes me a bit less worried about the bionic having the same hardware under the hopes that a software fix can still happen after purchase if it hasn't already happened.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
I'm not so much worried about quality as I am speed. And software isn't going to help that if the camera firmware still sucks.

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
Maybe its just me, but I think its a sad state of affairs when a 15 hour charge with 'moderate' use ends up being newsworthy for how good it is...

Amen. 15 hours is about the average workday for me. Give me 15 hour battery life if i'm using navigation while streaming XM for 10 of those hours and then i'll be impressed.

Reaction score
Maybe its just me, but I think its a sad state of affairs when a 15 hour charge with 'moderate' use ends up being newsworthy for how good it is...

Amen. 15 hours is about the average workday for me. Give me 15 hour battery life if i'm using navigation while streaming XM for 10 of those hours and then i'll be impressed.

You guys have to understand what has been said, repeated, and repeated again; electronics technology has advanced far beyond the capabilities of battery technology. The more our phones are capable of doing, the more battery they are going to eat up and unless there is a breakthrough in battery technology, the only way you are going to get your 2-3 day battery charge is if you have a ginormous battery. This has been a problem for years and it is only getting worse with the advancements in hardware technology. We just need to accept that and stop complaining, or, boycott smartphones and demand better batteries before we buy anymore (fat chance)

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

I think that would probably be defined as...heavy use...

With "moderate use" I squeezed out 29 hours from my Droid X1. Screen was on for 4 hours, 1/2 hour to an hour of talking, web use, games.

How many folks can say their screen was on for 4 hours and the phone lasted 8 hours...

IF the Bionic did do 15 hours with decent amounts of LTE use....I think thats a major accomplishment.

bplewis24

Reaction score

I think that would probably be defined as...heavy use...

With "moderate use" I squeezed out 29 hours from my Droid X1. Screen was on for 4 hours, 1/2 hour to an hour of talking, web use, games.

How many folks can say their screen was on for 4 hours and the phone lasted 8 hours...

IF the Bionic did do 15 hours with decent amounts of LTE use....I think thats a major accomplishment.

Completely agree. From the description, this tester uses a few things that I do not use, so I should theoretically be able to get more than 15 hours out of my usage case. Currently I get around that on my D1, so that's fine by me.

Besides, who uses their phone more than 15 hours a day? And how much do you sleep?

Brandon

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
motorola-droid-bionic-testing-battery-life.jpg

A leak from YodaDroid, a tester of the Motorola Droid Bionic, indicates from his testing, that its battery life is impressive. This is on top of his tests indicating that the performance of the phone itself and its LTE speeds were excellent. In fact, the tester claims that he gets 15 hours out of the phone with moderate use. The pic above shows some phenomenal network speeds; however, there is no report as to whether these were LTE speeds or WiFi. The pics of this device are coming in droves now. All of these new reports keep making it harder and harder to decide between the SGS2 and the Bionic.

Source: BionicForums.net via AndroidCentral and PhanDroid

This is Great news!!! It does not surprise me!!! Motorola always had Great Battery life phones...

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Ok, I feel a little better now. From the new angle in that shot, the lip doesn't look so bad!

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
motorola-droid-bionic-testing-battery-life.jpg

A leak from YodaDroid, a tester of the Motorola Droid Bionic, indicates from his testing, that its battery life is impressive. This is on top of his tests indicating that the performance of the phone itself and its LTE speeds were excellent. In fact, the tester claims that he gets 15 hours out of the phone with moderate use. The pic above shows some phenomenal network speeds; however, there is no report as to whether these were LTE speeds or WiFi. The pics of this device are coming in droves now. All of these new reports keep making it harder and harder to decide between the SGS2 and the Bionic.

Source: BionicForums.net via AndroidCentral and PhanDroid

I feel like "Yoda" is sending me a message here.... why else would the phone be sideways but the word be written upright in the background?

sranger

Reaction score
Well, it looks like a good phone. I need a new one as my original Droind is on it's last leg ( Broken screen and under water twice ) but I will pass on this one due to:

1) Locked bootloader ( nearly a certainty )

2) Blur... I HATE BLUR with a passion and cannot understand why Moto insists on a feature ( really a virus ) that most users hate.

I can almost give them a pass on the bootloader as this decision may be dictated by Verizon, but the Blur disaster is of their own making.....

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try the newer versions of Blur first, then give us your critique. Its seriously not that bad since the GB update for the Droid X1.