Tester Leak Indicates Droid Bionic Battery Life has Improved Battery Life

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
motorola-droid-bionic-testing-battery-life.jpg

A leak from YodaDroid, a tester of the Motorola Droid Bionic, indicates from his testing, that its battery life is impressive. This is on top of his tests indicating that the performance of the phone itself and its LTE speeds were excellent. In fact, the tester claims that he gets 15 hours out of the phone with moderate use. The pic above shows some phenomenal network speeds; however, there is no report as to whether these were LTE speeds or WiFi. The pics of this device are coming in droves now. All of these new reports keep making it harder and harder to decide between the SGS2 and the Bionic.

Source: BionicForums.net via AndroidCentral and PhanDroid

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I bet this is credited to Motorola's choice to make their own LTE chip. Seems like a brilliant move if this ends up being true.

Reaction score
Nice info. The kicker for me will be if the Bionic has the same crap camera that my D2 has. If that is the case I could skip out on 4g for the sake of having a camera that actually takes good pictures.

gmorgan056

Reaction score
Nice info. The kicker for me will be if the Bionic has the same crap camera that my D2 has. If that is the case I could skip out on 4g for the sake of having a camera that actually takes good pictures.

The Droid Charge takes excellent pics. My wife has one, it's very impressive. I'll probably still be getting this phone no matter what. But hearing that it could have great battery life makes me a bit more excited.

Beardface

Reaction score
Maybe its just me, but I think its a sad state of affairs when a 15 hour charge with 'moderate' use ends up being newsworthy for how good it is...

Reaction score

The Droid Charge takes excellent pics. My wife has one, it's very impressive. I'll probably still be getting this phone no matter what. But hearing that it could have great battery life makes me a bit more excited.

Indeed great news. I own a $2000 Canon for pictures and I know any phone I get will never compete, but my Droid 2 took pics was laughable, they were a complete failure and pointless for me to even use the camera. I am just saying, if the Bionic has the same camera (which I have heard it does), then no matter how much I want the Bionic, it would cause me to look at other options.

gmorgan056

Reaction score
Maybe its just me, but I think its a sad state of affairs when a 15 hour charge with 'moderate' use ends up being newsworthy for how good it is...

LOL I agree 100%! I remember when my old flip phone would last 3-5 days on a single charge. Unfortunately that's just how it is now a days.

gmorgan056

Reaction score

Indeed great news. I own a $2000 Canon for pictures and I know any phone I get will never compete, but my Droid 2 took pics was laughable, they were a complete failure and pointless for me to even use the camera. I am just saying, if the Bionic has the same camera (which I have heard it does), then no matter how much I want the Bionic, it would cause me to look at other options.

Out of curiousity, if you have a $2000 Canon for pictures, why does it matter what kind of camera a phone has? If I had a camera like that I wouldn't care about a camera phone, just everything else. But that's me. :)

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Yeah, camera is a big sticking point for me. My HTC can open the camera app and snap a picture within the span of about 2 seconds. Never had a Motorola yet that would even come close to that, including the Droid 3. I hope the camera firmware has been redesigned to be faster on the Bionic.

Reaction score

Out of curiousity, if you have a $2000 Canon for pictures, why does it matter what kind of camera a phone has? If I had a camera like that I wouldn't care about a camera phone, just everything else. But that's me. :)

Haha, you would think huh? :p And if my Canon would fit in my pocket, I would think the same thing, However, It does not. And for fear of looking like a tourist everywhere I go, I would rather leave it at home and just be able to take at least decent or acceptable pictures with my phone.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Mostly because we don't want to carry around a large camera with us 24/7 and the kind of person that would be willing to drop that much on a camera typically likes to snap pictures of anything and everything that catches our eye, so it's nice to have a a decent camera on your phone to pull out for those unexpected moments.

Reaction score
Yeah, camera is a big sticking point for me. My HTC can open the camera app and snap a picture within the span of about 2 seconds. Never had a Motorola yet that would even come close to that, including the Droid 3. I hope the camera firmware has been redesigned to be faster on the Bionic.

Agreed, what good is 8 Megapixels if it takes 8 minutes to open the camera app and snap a shot. It seems as though no one at Moto know how poor the camera really is, so they continue to use it for all their Droid phones.

Reaction score
Mostly because we don't want to carry around a large camera with us 24/7 and the kind of person that would be willing to drop that much on a camera typically likes to snap pictures of anything and everything that catches our eye, so it's nice to have a a decent camera on your phone to pull out for those unexpected moments.

And honestly, $2000 isn't even that much considering the cost of some much more high end cameras.