Test your headphone jack!!

chukeee

Reaction score
I have had this problem with the og Droid. That's why I left MOTO and never went back. I see that they still having this issue even on their latest phones. I know I had that clicking static issue but can't remember if I had the squealing problem though. Tech had me making changes in the codecs but that never worked. 3 refurbs didn't fix it. Then was told to wait for the update. Never worked. I told them I would wait for my upgrade and switch to another manufacture. That worked. MOTO makes some great phones and I hate not getting one but when I go to make a call or receive a call I don't want to hear a lot of static on the line.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Renae

Reaction score
I'm worried it is the actual jack. If I play music and listen with headphones on the phone jack I hear it. If I use the same headphones and plug into the jack on the standard dock, don't hear it at all. Lastly I also used the device jack to play music over a large sound system got zumba but did not hear it, possible because we had it so loud.

Not happy about this, but it is good news that an attenuator can fix it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Renae

Reaction score
I'm worried it is the actual jack. If I play music and listen with headphones on the phone jack I hear it. If I use the same headphones and plug into the jack on the standard dock, don't hear it at all. Lastly I also used the device jack to play music over a large sound system for zumba but did not hear it, possibly because we had it so loud.

Not happy about this, but it is good news that an attenuator can fix it.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
There's a discussion about it on the official Motorola support forum already. (linked earlier in this thread)

alucard9114

Reaction score
Just returned my bionic because of this issue charging my new one now will get back when I test it if it still does it I will send it into motorola

RawwrBag

Reaction score
For those of you using attenuation, can you post specifically what products? I've never owned an inline attenuator and don't know exactly what to pick up. The phone is worth keeping even if I have to lug around a special cable.

OP
PhontomF

PhontomF

Reaction score
For those of you using attenuation, can you post specifically what products? I've never owned an inline attenuator and don't know exactly what to pick up. The phone is worth keeping even if I have to lug around a special cable.

Try This:
RadioShack

BLeClair12

Reaction score
I just tried mine out with headphones for the first time and I'm not noticing the buzz people are speaking of. I'm using a mid-quality headset (Sennheiser over the ear DJ grade), and volume seems low, but no hiss, scratch or squeel detected at all.

I did, however, hear that clicking when using speakerphone. It was during a skype call early today, everytime my friend's voice would trail off, it would be followed by a little clicking.

brianlayman

Reaction score
I just found out something interesting... The simplest test is to just adjust the volume and the pitch will remain for about 5 seconds.

My wife, who can't hear the high pitched ring tones that highschool kids use so that the teacher can't hear their phones ringing, also can't hear this noise at all.

My teenage son said "aaagh what is that?" as he grabbed for the earbuds..

I wonder of Motorola's testing group was all 40+ somethings who generally lose that audible range. (Note that I'm at the bottom edge of the group and can still hear it.)

It also makes me wonder how much that affects the people who have said they don't have the noise. I've never before wished for hearing loss...