Test your headphone jack!!

Tillmorn

Reaction score
Yep, I've got that bloody whine too. It's a damn shame really, because other than this I've had absolutely no problems with the phone. Fortunately, I rarely use my phone plugged in since I have a Zune. But I was thinking about cancelling my Zune Pass subscription, selling the device, slimming down my music collection and putting it on my Bionic. Now...not so much.

slaya786

Reaction score
Is this confirmed to be a universal problem affecting all bionics?

Neonsheriff

Reaction score
Hi,
New member here. I just got the Bionic to replace my original and very tired Droid. Checked the headphones with Pandora and mine is clean. I am a professional sound engineer so I think I would hear what you are referring to although we would call it a squeal. It is usually caused by a noisy circuit that is getting into the audio due to bad shielding or lack of filtering in the digital or RF transmitter realm. I have it plugged in and charging just to make sure that it isn't in the charging circuit. I had the 4g turned off, however, as we don't have it in our area (Atlantic City). Turned it back on but it is still clean. Can't check if it is a problem when on a 4g network.

sqchram

Reaction score
Hi,
New member here. I just got the Bionic to replace my original and very tired Droid. Checked the headphones with Pandora and mine is clean. I am a professional sound engineer so I think I would hear what you are referring to although we would call it a squeal. It is usually caused by a noisy circuit that is getting into the audio due to bad shielding or lack of filtering in the digital or RF transmitter realm. I have it plugged in and charging just to make sure that it isn't in the charging circuit. I had the 4g turned off, however, as we don't have it in our area (Atlantic City). Turned it back on but it is still clean. Can't check if it is a problem when on a 4g network.

Appreciate the insight!

Neonsheriff

Reaction score
One thing I did notice right away was that the audio quality seems to be light years better than my original droid. Pandora sounds much richer on the Bionic especially in the low end than it did. I just thought it was due to poor streaming compared with a computer. Can't wait to listen to it on a PA.

fox_hound

Reaction score
Same issue really annoying

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ybnrml86

Reaction score
No issues here

My Bionic is Crystal clear through the entire volume range.

phoenixus

Reaction score
I hear it on mine as well :(

I can't tell it when music is playing, or when the volume is low.

I can tell it while watching a video though and when the music stops for a second.

Is this something we should be returning the phone over?

Last edited:

mdroid2g

Reaction score
I got a different issue with sound. I was using netflix today during my lunch and had the speakers up all the way so i could hear it. I have a popping or a tick sound in mine. It is sparatic and even when i plugged into pc speakers it was still there. Might have been netflix issues as i have not heard it with jist music.

pedromartinez

Reaction score
I just bought new Shure S4i headphones today to make sure it wasn't crappy headphones. Now I hear it with greater clarity. So annoying! I'm going to try other Bionics and see if I can get out replaced.

Ed Blown Vert

Reaction score
Website
ls1.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung S22U
I just bought new Shure S4i headphones today to make sure it wasn't crappy headphones. Now I hear it with greater clarity. So annoying! I'm going to try other Bionics and see if I can get out replaced.

Good to know, I am glad I have a bluetooth Headset for music.