Test your headphone jack!!

portlandjosh

Reaction score
I called to report my humming jack and talked with both verizon and motorola staff, both insisted that this was not a known issue. I just wanted to document another one with them. Frustrating.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

haproot

Reaction score
Just brought mine into the vzw store. While most of the associates in there were unaware of the issue, and the two people I tried showing the issue could not hear it, finally one did pipe up and say they knew about it.

I tried two of the bionic demo units in the store. And they both had the issue. I was able to get a full refund with the restock fee waved.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
PhontomF

PhontomF

Reaction score
I can confirm that this fix makes the headphone noise go away completely 100%.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...erfect-bionic-cant-wait-update-heres-how.html

I did the manual flash method from .886 ---> 893 described here:
Droid Bionic Found Update Files --- Read Before You Flash

If you attempt this make sure you unfreeze/restore any bloat and do the permanent root method described in the first link or you will lose root after the update.

Good job moto my Bionic is now perfect!!! I'm still surprised this was completely resolved with software.

xcrider

Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...erfect-bionic-cant-wait-update-heres-how.html

If you attempt this make sure you unfreeze/restore any bloat and do the permanent root method described in the first link or you will lose root after the update.

Good job moto my Bionic is now perfect!!! I'm still surprised this was completely resolved with software.

Did you ever have the BSOD? Did it go away?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

I hope this works for everyone. I'm surprised it was software too as the GS2 also has a similar issue.

rumblee1

Reaction score
Have had the bionic since week 2, no whine or other issues except the disappearing apps if rebooting with apps stored on the Sd card. That's going to be fixed in the November update. All other issues should be too. For now, I've got all my apps on my internal storage. Great phone, wouldn't give it up even for razor. Reason? Can't pull the battery on razor.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums

dihtn

Reaction score
I was fortunate not to have the whine as well. I also have the ap issue but again moving to internal storage has fixed that. I do occasionally lose the data-seems to happen mostly when moving from 3G-4G and vice-versa. I also understand all of these issues will be addressed by the software upgrade hopefully soon! Other than that I really enjoy the phone.

TatDroid

Reaction score
This high pitched whine is very interesting. I THOUGHT I didn't have it, cause I can't hear it, but I gave my phone to my teenage daughter and yep, she could hear it. I guess it's kind of like when kids were loading that real high pitched ring tone on their phones so when their phone rang in class the teacher couldn't hear it - but the kids could...

b0n3s

Reaction score
Thats deff some good news!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

lm2

Reaction score
I have the whine--although in my case it sounds more like high pitched digital beeps. In most cases I'd just send the phone back, but if y'all insist that the impending .893 update will fix it, I guess I'll....take....your word for it. And to think, I don't even know you.

Scribble

Reaction score
This high pitched whine is very interesting. I THOUGHT I didn't have it, cause I can't hear it, but I gave my phone to my teenage daughter and yep, she could hear it. I guess it's kind of like when kids were loading that real high pitched ring tone on their phones so when their phone rang in class the teacher couldn't hear it - but the kids could...

I can hear it in one ear, but not the other. I'm 34. :(