Test to see how much battery is drained by different programs

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mootsucks, Mar 18, 2010.

1. mootsucks

mootsucks Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey,

Is there a method of seeing how much your battery is being drained numerically? I would like to be able to see how much of an effect different programs, applications and widgets have on my overall battery life. I think it would be a bit hard to see the drain of electricity for every application specifically, but it would be nice to be able to run the battery test with a widget running and then without and calculating the difference.

I really want to know how much of an effect battery widgets, calendar widgets, overclocking, helix launcher etc have on the longevity of my device and whether or not they are worth using.

Any help is appreciated, as always!

2. pudah

pudah Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What about Settings->About Phone->Battery Use?

3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I'd like to see that too. I'm positive that while rooted with DM 1.0 and overclocked my battery life was significantly shorter, but you would never know it looking at battery usage.

I went back to stock and my battery life has greatly improved. I'll bet you'll see some interesting numbers if somebody comes up with that.

4. mootsucks

mootsucks Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't seen that before, pretty interesting.

Does the % of cpu usage directly correlate to the amount of battery used? Live wallpapers shows up as 10% and helixlauncher shows up as 7%. I don't know if I would keep a moving wallpaper and a fancy launcher for ~20% of my battery haha.

5. pudah

pudah Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I believe it is not the % of your battery used or the % of CPU usage, but the % of what battery use has happened, has been taken up by those programs. So if only 10% of your battery has been used and the wallpaper is showing 10%, then 10% of 10%, or 1% of the total battery, has been used by the live wallpaper.